Very far to the north: <bla> scratches his ass.

Started by Cenghiz, November 17, 2004, 08:31:35 AM

My characters usually watch and keep watching a direction as they travel through the world. I usually use CTRL+-> for east if I'm journeying slowly, which sends "watch e;e;l n;l s;l e".
It's nearly always OK but.. What if there's something going on somewhere where you wouldn't really see? Let's say there's a slight sandstorm, you can't see three leagues away. Of course you wouldn't see someone scratching his ass three leagues away but what if someone does a grand thing like chanting of an elkrosian, rukkian or a sorcerer?
Personally I decide I couldn't see the sdesc but I could see the sparkling lights or I could feel the tremor. What do you think would be suitable to see?
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Well first of all, I don't believe that you can see emotes with the watch command.

Second, for some reason, I've been able to see people moving around three rooms away, through a blinding sandstorm wherein I can't even see my own hand in front of my face.  This has got to be fixed.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"Well first of all, I don't believe that you can see emotes with the watch command.

I'd really like to see that fixed too, at least for adjacent rooms.  I think there are a lot of cases where that would be good for roleplay.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Quote from: "flurry"
Quote from: "Tamarin"Well first of all, I don't believe that you can see emotes with the watch command.

I'd really like to see that fixed too, at least for adjacent rooms.  I think there are a lot of cases where that would be good for roleplay.

I concur.  It would be awesomely covert to be able to make hand signals and stuff.  Ooooh, the possibilities.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

You can see socials but not emotes.

Which I hope gets fixed. You could be watching two people in the next room and not know whether they're hugging or trying to kill each other.

Quote from: "Delirium"You could be watching two people in the next room and not know whether they're hugging or trying to kill each other.

Depending on what was going on, it might be hard to tell, actually. ;)

*hugs Delirium while silently sliding a long, sharp needle out of his sleeve...*
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

>backstab jgg

Well, yes, but I was speaking of the more overtly emoted forms of those actions.

You know what I meant. It was an example, damnit! ;)

Ops... Emotes unseen? Then I must apologize from a dwarf.. I was thinking he was a no-emoter :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Quote from: "Delirium">backstab jgg

Well, yes, but I was speaking of the more overtly emoted forms of those actions.

You know what I meant. It was an example, damnit! ;)

I know.  But there's no coded way to distinguish between flailing one's arms in an emote, and batting your eyes at someone.  One is easily visible at a distance.  The other, not so much.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

There's also no coded way to distinguish whether you, standing at the doorway, really see the lamplight glint off someone's amyethest-hued gaze as they glance subtly across the room from their seat at the bar, but players are generally left to make their own judgements about it.

I personally don't walk around with a watch on. I could see a possibility of like having watch on when you're running down a road or an alley and not paying attention to the sides or behind, but that's just my opinion.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.