More face wear locations

Started by Spud, November 08, 2004, 08:45:10 PM

Just thinking here, most of us have more than one eye. We also have a nose. Plus if we're ugly we're gonna wear a mask or a facewrap. I think there should be more wear locations, especially on the face.
Like being able to wear things on both eyes, and a nosering or two(both nostrels :wink: ),and a mask or facewrap(maybe even one of both).
I don't think it's to much of a problem as it is, but it would just be nice to have.
Thoughts?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

While it isn't "necessary" - I agree with ya. It would be nice. It can be frustrating that you can't wear a pair of sun-slits and a facewrap, or even something less "useful" like a facewrap and a nose-ring. I mean sure, you can add a nose-ring to your main description, but that means you can't ever change your main description again according to the new policy.

Maybe a "face_clothing" wear location, and a "face_accessories" wear location? That way we can wear sunslits, which aren't really clothing, and a facewrap or veil..or a veil and a nosering, or a lip-bone and a veil..etc. etc. etc.

And any facial covering such as veil/facewrap would cover (hide) any jewelry worn underneath.

I'd like to be able to get a tattoo on just one particular forearm or one particular hand, or one particular foot. Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice.

:mrgreen:

Yeah - like if you have a coded serpent object on your armS - and the main desc says it's only a cord long - kinda makes people wonder, is she that skinny, or is that snake a shitload longer than it seems? And how does she manage to raise her longsword while that thing is hugging her chest anyway? Or even something more mundane like lifting a glass of wine to her lips?

If something like this was implemented though, I would -hope- that the staff makes serious limits as to what can be placed in these locations. Frankly I'd like to see more logical locations to wear accessories that DON'T have any coded benefit, then locations for things that do.

We already have plenty of opportunity to boost our stamina, unarmed skill, special affect skill, hide skill, sneak skill, ride skill, with the current locations.

I'm all for this, but I think adding a new wear-location would make it neccessary to add appropriate flags to the correct items, which is simply impossible with the size of the database.