Newbie Sparring Death in Ask the Staff

Started by moab, November 07, 2004, 09:15:10 PM

If you are a new player, this is a valuable lesson, actually.  NEVER EVER spar with people you don't trust with your life. Ever.

I don't know you and I wouldn't face off against you with real weapons except under the most seriously strict rules and protections in place.

This attitude should be carried through in the virtual world as well.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Good rule, really when it comes down to it, newbie rules should be more like, if you wouldn't do it in RL you probably shouldn't do it on ARM. I mean... getting together with people you don't know to whak each other with weapons is fun an all... but.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

to HardCarbon, writer of the original post.

You should check the General discussions boards a bit, you will see deaths of 70 day characters with foolish reasons even their players can not believe.. So death by a so-called friend in sparring....

With your next character go and kill another player with a lie.. You will feel much better.  :wink:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

To the original poster...

I remember once entering the Sea of Red Silt... I had had my 'north' command prepared if there were silt horrors there... Then I learned why they call it "Sea"..

Believe me or not, your death is a usual and realistic one. Act like you stayed in character and did not avoid death OOCly not to bend your RP :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It could have been a legit mistake on the part of the other player too.  I can think of at least five times in my time playing that I ended up sparring in a place which was bad, or not everyone was clanned properly.  It happens.

Yes, I was the other player, and yes, it was a legit mistake... I'm genuinely sorry.