Drop in Player Base

Started by sjanimal, November 05, 2004, 12:57:56 AM

Okay Cats:

At prime time tonight I only counted 35 people on.  That's down from about 70 a few months ago.  The last time this was brought up, someone suggested that it was just assay variance.  Another explanation that was offered was the world series effect.

But isn't that over?  And it's not exam week either.

This problem affects us all.  

The first step in developing a solution is to define the problem and identify the causes.

What would you cats say the causes are?  I have my own ideas, but I want to see what you say first.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Some people have -real- lives. I noticed it too, but it is/was thursday night, try friday/sat/sun and tuesday for primetimes :)
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

There were a lot of deaths in the recent past, and those are usually times people take a break between long-term characters.

Yeah, after a pc I've played for a while dies...I tend to take a break for a bit.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I've noticed primetime is later. I saw 50 or so on tonight, i think it was about 10pm central, though I wasn't watching the clock.

But yes, some people have taken breaks for sure. I almost did. But I also saw two newbies tonight! Coddle these people OOCly! Love them OOCly! Interact with them ICly! Every newbie is precious!

These people obviously have enough time to -look- for a new game to play. Let's rope them!

QuoteCoddle these people OOCly! Love them OOCly! Interact with them ICly! Every newbie is precious!

*Roughly fucks a few newbies.*

I did my part. Welcome to Armageddon!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

It's because I'm notting logging in on my 35 duplicate accounts.

There was a great "cleansing" A month ago and I know many long lived PCs died, and several
people are taking a break.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

In europe peaks there are always 30 people online!!!!

drop of players? Not in Europe peaks I believe.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

I haven't been playing. Thats probably why no one else is....

;)
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I've been seeing plenty of people on.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Survivor and CSI on Thursays. That's where I was. All the cool kids watch Survivor.
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

If you're interested in increasing the number of players, I suggest joining the Publicity Group on here.  Drop me a line if you would like to be added.

Things you can do to increase the playerbase:

a) Recruit friends and acquaintances that might be interested.
b) Write reviews for sites such as TopMUDSites, MUD Connector, other game boards.  Be careful not to spam other boards - post any reviews in the appropriate forum.
c) Vote regularly.  We get a lot of players from places like TopMUDSites.
d) Write reviews or posts in non-MUD venues, such as roleplaying sites where people might find themselves interested.  Post something on a theater board talking about roleplay and how acting in text is (or isn't) different than regular acting.  Post something on a writing site letting them know there's a huge collaborative story they might be interested in.

I think the drop in playerbase numbers is obviously due to the number of people's lives who are in upheaval after the US elections.  Between the mass exodus to Canada and the number of folks with dissenting opinions being placed in internment camps, I think it's an understandable drop.

Or maybe it's just a temporary drop?  Fall, winter and spring are supposed to be the busy seasons for player logins, I thought.  Maybe some folks are hanging on to the last vestiges of summer as long as they can.

I was recruited by a friend along with a few others. I'm still true-blue to Armageddon and so is the friend who recruited me, but some of my friends just stopped playing, just like that. Most said they've done everything in the game and there wasn't much else to do. Some said that it was too boring...nothing ever happened.

Of course, I find this a load of BS. You haven't done everthing in Arm, until you've done -everything-, which is a lot! Also, you have to make things to do, but it may help if there were a few more imm-created HRTP's or RTP's. If you get a newbie just starting out with say 'mantis flooding into the city', they'll be hooked.

So, basically, I'm saying: recruit friends and colleagues and perhaps the imms could lead a few more HRTP's?

-Rhyden

Quote from: "CRW"I think the drop in playerbase numbers is obviously due to the number of people's lives who are in upheaval after the US elections.  Between the mass exodus to Canada and the number of folks with dissenting opinions being placed in internment camps, I think it's an understandable drop.

Or maybe it's just a temporary drop?  Fall, winter and spring are supposed to be the busy seasons for player logins, I thought.  Maybe some folks are hanging on to the last vestiges of summer as long as they can.

muhahahaha.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com