Nothing to see here.

Started by sjanimal, October 28, 2004, 11:07:00 PM

Peace on Earth and good will towards men.

Their is truly no shame in espousing those words.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

We all do apps from time to time.  Divide and conquer.  :)

I'd like to second this...I apped a character last night, and it was rejected twice, and then accepted within the span of about 20 minutes.  Well done!
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Longest I had to wait was about 20 hours or so, that is pretty quick responce time reguardless.
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

I sent a request email in about ten minutes ago. About eight minutes ago Nidhogg replied. That is efficiency.

Props, guys. You continue to amaze.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I would really really like to give a big shout up about this as well.  As I've suffered multiple instances of "24plus-itis" where I'd begin to twitch on the 25th hour... once leading to full frothing convulsions on hour 30, I am *really* glad that you guys are wailing these things out.

What I would really really love to see more of, and I know it's a bit of a chore to do this, but is the comments on accepted applications.  Some of the applications I've sent have gotten comments that have really given me a positive boost toward the PC, and have gotten me absolutely psyched to the point where there was no problem at all shifting completely into the personality of the PC on day one.

You guys are doing a stellar job.  Thanks for everything.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Yeah, Ive gotten comments once or twice and it was awesome when submitting. Even almost trivial things.
Veteran Newbie

I try to always include a comment when I approve apps, which is very rarely because of my well-documented spelling and grammar problem.

Yes,

Getting a couple of comments is so nice!  I know that we players are like a bunch of errant schoolchidren, always whinning, complaining and twinking.  

But the truth is we like nothing better than to get a few kind words from the schoolmasters.  It makes our day!

:D  :D
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

*Bump*

You never went with a live and let live policy. You wanted others to stay out but you continued to do exactly what you were doing before. It goes both ways. You want to be respected? Treat others with respect.

Shame on you.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I'm not a Christian, but I do happen to believe in the philosophy "Do unto others as you would have done to you."  Leading by example does work.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Wise words. Even something as basic and simple as the golden rule covers the present theme of this thread. "Do onto others as you would like them to do onto you." The only way to gain is to give.

I am sure that, somehow, I have missed the entire debacle that created this attitude towards the animal. Therefore, if anyone would tell me what happened in a PM or something, I would be pleased. Otherwise, I am going to start taking his side.

I have not seen what is making the rest of you folks so upset, so you must understand what this looks like to me.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

QuoteLast edited by sjanimal on Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I think that Sjanimal summed it up pretty well himself, oddly enough.

Quote from: "sjanimal"The IMMs won't do anything to harm me. They've issued me a set of very specific guildelines that only apply to me...and as long as I don't break them, they won't ban me. I go right up to the line sometimes....but never cross it. Why would I? Far more mayhem can be caused working within the rules than by daring to cross them.

His intentions seem pretty clear to me.  There was also another (now deleted) thread where he proclaimed his superiority over the rest of us and then proceeded to throw out a few more of his 'suble personal critiques'.  I applaud you immortals for somehow have the patience to give this guy yet another chance.

Quote from: "sjanimal"The IMMs won't do anything to harm me. They've issued me a set of very specific guildelines that only apply to me...and as long as I don't break them, they won't ban me. I go right up to the line sometimes....but never cross it. Why would I? Far more mayhem can be caused working within the rules than by daring to cross them.

Personally, I'd find it very embarassing if I had to have some "very specific guidelines" being given just to me. I wouldn't feel superior at all about it - I'd think it to be quite demeaning. Also, I find it insulting that you cannot stick to the same guidelines as the rest of the players as though they somehow don't apply to you. Finally, I am impressed with the Imms who are displaying considerable patience.

p.s. Mayhem? Please, vaguely irritating posts full of conceit and self-congratulatory references can hardly be classed as mayhem.