The hairless dwarf

Started by Rhyden, October 23, 2004, 12:12:33 PM

Do you prefer dwarves with or without hair/beards?

Yes
27 (45%)
No
33 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: October 23, 2004, 12:12:33 PM

I don't think it's as complicated as Angelina Christine or Bestatte are making it out to be.  All of the races adapted one way or the other to the heat and danger of Zalanthas.  Hair/fur is grown as a protection against cold, but Zalanthas rarely gets that even at night.  Each race reacted on a physiological level differently.  As slaves, the dwarves were probably exposed to the elements a lot and developed hairless hides.  The heat made hair an unnecessary augmentation to heat exhaustion.

Who knows?  In another few millenia, you may see flying elves, scaled and slithering dwarves, humans who all have psionics, quadrapedal halflings and half-giants who have grown so large that they are regularly mistaken for full blood giants.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

pretty sure the docs state that due to the crazy magic and nearly world ending cataclysm that genentic mutations speeded up far past the normal darwinist pace.

Snakes grew wings, dwarves lost hair, etc. etc. etc.

Let's go home now.

Maybe you should cite the exact source before telling us all to go home now. :wink:
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Fuck. I can't find it. all I can find is:

AC talking about mutaitons:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10195

and this which lends to the normal slower darwinist idea.
http://www.armageddon.org/general/races.html
Quote"Eons of life on Zalanthas has warped the human appearance enough so that physical anomalies are somewhat commonplace: webbed fingers or toes, hairlessness, pointed ears, long or short limbs, or skin tones in the faint blues or greys are all possible mutations upon the human form."

and now i have to go to class. And when, I get done with class tonight, I'm going to not care about this anymore. So . . . .I guess you guys don't have to go home now.