Player Base Census permission?

Started by Solas, October 04, 2004, 08:03:03 PM

I was wondering if this is allowed, since I was curious as to know where the majority of the player base is situated. If this kind of poll is legal that is, it would be great if everyone participated. Can an IMM approve or disapprove?

There already are a few of those. They're kinda old and I didn't feel like searching more than 2 pages back in the OOC Idle Chatter folder, but I'm pretty sure they're in there somewhere.

Ah, good. Then someone can start one again? I'm very curious as to where all the players have been migrating to lately. :wink:

Just from what I personally have noticed, there is a pretty even balance, though players in the South tend to be more scattered and players in the north more centralized.

If people feel like it, I'll collect player locations and come up with some sort of demographic data to post up on the web somewhere.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

You're talking about CHARACTER locations?  I submit, then, that posting statistics about character locations could unbalance the game population as (at least some) players would be more likely to create characters in more populous areas.

The problem with this is that the numbers shift on a daily basis.  You're also not querying the overall game population, but the subset of vocal posters on this board.  Generally play where you think you'll have fun.  Both Allanak and Tuluk go through fluctuations - sometimes one is fuller than the other, but wait a week and it'll reverse itself again.

oh...i thought he meant irl.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]