Guarding

Started by cyberpatrol_735, September 28, 2004, 01:08:46 AM

I was wondering.. a realistic question came to mind about the skill, guard.

For example, I'm guarding an exit, and I want to allow a templar to pass, but him or her only, currently I'd have to "guard self" letting anyone pass, is there anyway we could have a command to "allow" them to pass and them only? Seeing that you would step to the side and right back in the doorway as they left. It just didn't seem realistic that I step out of the way to let a Templar through and an elf goes running out soon as I step to the side from across the room.. I would've stabbed him or something, him being a suspect...
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

An elf suspect that wasn't already subdued by a half giant? ;)

If your in the same clan, I believe you automatically let your clan mates pass.

an allow command would be handy, though.

It'd work like the clanmate thing, except it'd be a temporary flag like guard.

--

on the other note, if that situation with the templar and elf really happened, it seems kinda cheesy on the elf's part. If you're going to make a break for it, the best time IC would not be as the templar is walking into the room.

Meh.. we were doing random searches, heh.. in any case.. I wasn't exactly in the clan yet so that could have been the problem.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Same clan should already allow them to pass, yes.  It's reasonably safe & easy to add a script to an *NPC* to do basically what you're asking.  What I don't know is how safe or easy it would be to do for *PC's*; e.g., typing "allow boopsie" toggles that keyword to or from some sort of allow list, "allow" by itself shows that list, and "allow none" or "allow off" removes it.

In theory it's doable, but it's up to the smart people to say if it's practical enough to implement.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Until the code is implemented, I would suggest use ooc.  There might be twinks, if you are going to say it.  But well, you do your part, and pray for the rest.
some of my posts are serious stuff

just wish up if they twink.. and mail the mud with a log of their abuse.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)