Good idea
16 (34.8%)
Bad idea
5 (10.9%)
Ooook ooook
25 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 27, 2004, 12:16:33 PM

Tugging on the side of his shoddy, blue cotton templar robe, the scrawny, one-eyed youth says, in northern-accented sirihish:
"I be Templar Allanaki!  I's so dumb I can't put two words together and I sleep with elves!  Oooook oooooook!"

Wearing a broad grin, the scrawny, one-eyed youth spins around, displaying the cheaply painted greth on its back.

Etc., etc..  What do you all think about this?  Would this work in Tuluk?  How about Allanak?

Templar robes, noble clothing, whatever other representitive clothing articles, all made from sandcloth and linen and made with intentional crudeness.

Is this crude form of satire appropriate for the environments, or is it just a silly idea that no bard in their right minds would ever attempt?

EDITED to note: I am referring mostly to clothing, but it wouldn't be a crime to hijack this thread and make it more general.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I had to select Oook , Ooook..

But I think it's a great Idea for Bards.. Definitly  

Toss in a Puppet show and I would say to have a class act.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Great idea, but it will just get you killed.  So I voted no.  Wouldn't mind seeing some good satire, though.  Good luck.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

It's way too tempting to vote "oook oook."

I would only attempt this in whatever city state it was that was not being mocked, i.e. mock blue robes in Tuluk, mock Lirathans in Allanak.

Edit:  Some of you may have heard a very amusing (and briefly popular) song written in Tuluk about the southern nobility, so this kind of mockery does exist.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"
I would only attempt this in whatever city state it was that was not being mocked

That is really sound advice for any whom might consider this idea.

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"I would only attempt this in whatever city state it was that was not being mocked, i.e. mock blue robes in Tuluk, mock Lirathans in Allanak.
Oh God, yes.  Otherwise you are talking death sentence.

Dunno - certain folks might have a taste for a less than public show - very sinful, very bad....it could be fun.

I mean, mocking blue robes with a stupid puppet show might go off really well in a seedy, back water (sand dune?) club somewhere.

A puppet player bard sounds like something very fun to play. Someone should do it. Not necessarily just mockery... but some sort of entertaining play involving sock puppets. Quick, someone play a puppet player.

Seedy puppet shows... hehe... hehehehehe... hahahahah HAHAHAHA!!!

Man thats funny.  Someone do it!

I agree with the idea that specific mockery is far more appropriate in certain places. For example, in Red Storm mockery of the Allanaki Templarite would go down a storm.

Yep, I thought it was a lame pun too.