Muk Utep the Warrior-Mage

Started by Pantoufle, August 31, 2004, 09:26:08 PM

Taken from help gol_krathu:

Gol Krathu is the ancient site where twelve wandering tribes settled after the departure of the Dragon from the Known World.  The warrior-mage Muk Utep subdued and conquered these tribes and forged the city-state of Tuluk, which occupied at least half of the area of Gol Krathu at its peak.

So like... what do all these magick-fearing Tulukis think about their "divine" ruler being a warrior MAGE?  Or do they separate the notion of their king's magick from elemental and sorcerer magick?  Or is he no longer a warrior MAGE but just some freakish entity -- at least as far as the mass is concerned?  For that matter, what do Tulukis think of the fact that templars in Tuluk once went gallavanting about shooting fireballs at people and all that jazz?  Because let me tell you, it used to happen all the time (in fact, maybe someone's grandmother or great grandfather was around to tell them stories even).  Is it generally accepted that templar and/or sorcerer-king magick differs from the other variety, elemental and defiler?

Just some interesting food for thought.

Muk/Tek are kings, not sorcerors.  Yes, they seem to have some similarities and some call them sorceror-kings, but its different.  Why?  It just is.  Accept it.  To question it is heresy, to even think about it is probably bad for your health too.

A priest who uses some odd powers to heal someone is a benevolent miracle-worker.

The hooded leper who does it is a witch.

Yes, I believe the magick of the Sorcerer-Kings (or God-Kings are they are more frequently called ICly...at least apparently) is considered to be on entirely different level and essence than your everyday elementalist or defiler.  Though it's probable some Tulukis would scoff at 'Tek, that filthy defiler'.

About the Sorcerer-Kings themselves performing magick feats...well, these people are considered to be, at the very least, demi-gods.  They don't use magick, they draw upon their powers.  Or something like that; a defiler uses foul magick, a Sorcerer-King performs a miracle.

EDIT: No reason.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"A priest who uses some odd powers to heal someone is a benevolent miracle-worker.

The hooded leper who does it is a witch.

That's a pretty awesome answer if you ask me.

The help-files don't word things how a player would. No one would call Tek a Sorcerer-King for example. I dont think anyone views Muk as a "mage".

Quote from: "Gilvar"The help-files don't word things how a player would. No one would call Tek a Sorcerer-King for example. I dont think anyone views Muk as a "mage".

Yeah, I'd say anyone who wasn't a clear newbie calling Tektolnes a Sorceror-King in front of a Templar would be putting their lives at risk.