This is what's wrong with the game's economy.

Started by crymerci, August 22, 2004, 12:31:54 PM

I don't feel like reading the entire thread to see if this was said or not....but here it goes.

Someone in a clan, that is -corrupt- can EASILY make 4000 a year.  EASY!  NO SWEAT!  You spy for another organization, that could mean TONS of sid coming your way.  You steal from the clan, another huge load of sid.  You use your position to rob others?  Do you see my point?

Corruption is rampant.  Many PC's don't like to play corrupt characters because of fear of getting caught and executed by their own clan, but if your talking about risks, the risks of being a double-agent bring far more benefits then risking your ass against some beasts in the wilds for some stones to carve up.

P.S.  If anyone in my clan is reading this, i'm a good boy, honest... :-)

that's appropriate, witzburo, since wealth should increase with risks taken, until you take the wrong risk . . . and die.

Quote from: "wizturbo"P.S.  If anyone in my clan is reading this, i'm a good boy, honest... :-)

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  :lol:
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

There are quite a few beasts that to go up against, are a lot riskier then being a double agent, some creatures get strength rolls so large, they can kill you in two hits,  if they are lucky.  It is especially deadly on the ones that have bash (most of the really large ones).
If you are a double agent, you can take precautions, and at least get an early warning if things start to turn bad.

When I ran a hunter, and travelled all over the place (mostly cause it was fun to explore) you run into a -lot- of bodies, like a couple every rl week.
I doubt that even a third of the ranger/hunter type players survive to live more then 10 game days, especially if they go hunting the more deadly things.

Besides,  lots of the subguilds complement the ranger class, so you can use lots of what you get from the hunt yourself, and sell it to other pc's for a fair sum.
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.