Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Quote from: najdorf on May 10, 2013, 01:12:55 PM
Sorry, fixed it. Put the wrong one. Please check above?

That looks normal, and more like what you should be getting. Are you still getting lag?

156 ms ping times are quite high... Of course your coming in from overseas so it is to be expected. I'm thinking that alone would cause some sort of lag... Mixed in with the lag the game is causing as of late could make it really bad. I don't think there's much you can do about the ping times considering you are coming from overseas. i would suggest seeing if things are better once the game lag is fixed.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Najdorf, it is usual to have the fifth or sixth route have pings missing. It's the usual state of TTNet, the routers just leaving Turkey either can't respond to ping or respond late. It doesn't affect your speed. SüperOnline simply uses leased lines from TTNet anyway.. So the system must be the same.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Lag seems worse after the reboot...But maybe it's everyone logging in at once?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Maybe.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I've begun to worry if it's possibly new grebbers (such as myself, on occassion) dropping many, many more rocks (that are useless to them but may be useful to someone else) than they should instead of junking them, but, I don't know. Likely not. I know on another mud I had a bunch of dufflebags filled with scratch off lottery tickets and I flew up and air-dropped them over populated areas in massive amounts, and the game slowed down tremendously until I combed every area and picked them all up, stuffing them back into a dufflebag. Could have been a coincidence, though. Scratch off lottery tickets are likely coded much differently on a moo than rocks are on a mud, so, probably a bad comparison.

Could have big stacks of like rocks convert into angry stone golems of the same rock type if left out long enough for all three moons to pass fully over them. That'll learn 'em. Wait, by that reasoning the cities would REALLY come alive, that's dumb, nevermind, also, STEER CLEAR OF THE STABLES! MASSIVE POOP GOLEM ON THE LOOSE! Not to mention the possibility of large bags filled with rocks becoming griefing tools.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 11, 2013, 08:15:36 PM
I've begun to worry if it's possibly new grebbers (such as myself, on occassion) dropping many, many more rocks (that are useless to them but may be useful to someone else) than they should instead of junking them, but, I don't know. Likely not. I know on another mud I had a bunch of dufflebags filled with scratch off lottery tickets and I flew up and air-dropped them over populated areas in massive amounts, and the game slowed down tremendously until I combed every area and picked them all up, stuffing them back into a dufflebag. Could have been a coincidence, though. Scratch off lottery tickets are likely coded much differently on a moo than rocks are on a mud, so, probably a bad comparison.

Could have big stacks of like rocks convert into angry stone golems of the same rock type if left out long enough for all three moons to pass fully over them. That'll learn 'em. Wait, by that reasoning the cities would REALLY come alive, that's dumb, nevermind, also, STEER CLEAR OF THE STABLES! MASSIVE POOP GOLEM ON THE LOOSE! Not to mention the possibility of large bags filled with rocks becoming griefing tools.

Not really, staff have indicated before those items dont contribute very much to lag.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Keep us apprised of any additional issues with lag.  Some changes have been made and hopefully this will allay any problems.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I've not been seeing anything near what most people have been bitching/whining about in the past week.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Ok... I have done the following walked from stables to a tavern and tried contacting people when I got to the tavern... Its still fairly laggy.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Thinking items contribute to lag is like thinking a pebble will significantly alter the load bearing capacity of a pick-up truck. A few dozen sacks of pebbles might. But a handful of them won't.

I am indeed seeing the lag this morning.  :(
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Lag is getting to the point where playing the game is pretty much unbearable.

So that's two people, anyone else?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Yes. It's bad.
Alea iacta est

Other then a 2-3 second delay every 30 seconds or so, it's fine for me.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

It's been really bad for me too. On and off though. But when it's on...makes it really hard to play at all.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on May 13, 2013, 02:46:52 PM
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

HRPT to kill the lag Find out IC.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Malken on May 13, 2013, 03:21:03 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on May 13, 2013, 02:46:52 PM

It seems to have gotten a little better. Or it is coming and going, one or the other.
Alea iacta est

I'm seeing a little sporadic delay between commands.

For example:
"save" - almost instantaneous - which is my usual experience.

look west = a half-second delay
look in [building] no delay
look in [container] no delay
look = no delay
look (a second time) = split-second delay
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yeah, now it's pretty bad..
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

every 10 or so commands I enter there is a solid 6 seconds of lag
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Ok, we are going to try migrating our image to a new server to see if that helps.  See the Staff Announcement for details.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I love it when downtimes happen when I'm otherwise planning to now be on the game.