Lag?

Started by Krath, June 18, 2004, 05:13:48 PM

Ok, I see nothing on the Staff Announcements category. I cannot access mud or website, so I am assuming that the migration is happening now. Could someone please provide an update on when things will be back and running as normal?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on May 14, 2013, 01:50:14 PM
Ok, I see nothing on the Staff Announcements category. I cannot access mud or website, so I am assuming that the migration is happening now. Could someone please provide an update on when things will be back and running as normal?

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,45511.msg752347.html#msg752347

It was delayed by 2 hours, and so we will be later than we originally thought.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Noooooooo! I need my fix... Come on man, you know I'm good for it... *whimpers*  :'(

On the bright side of things, shop reset! Less lag (hopefully)! Time for a shower (sniff self)!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Thank you for the server change. It is super turbo fast right now.

I tried connecting to armageddon.org, which I usually connect to, it didn't seem to work. Updating it to the new IP address worked, but it may generate some confusion among those players who do not use the boards or have not bothered to scroll down to the news section on the website.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Depending on where you are in the world, it may take longer to have the DNS propagate.  In the interim, you can use the IP address, though.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Agreed. It is running very smoothly now.
Alea iacta est

Seems to be back to normal. Just a little lag once in a while, which is to be expected. If that was a server owned by armageddon that was having problems, I'd suggest checking RAID card for problems. Perhaps a hard drive is on the verge of going bad or something.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Its much better. ;D
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Anyone else getting a bad lag-smack or just me, this morning?  :-\
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Is anyone getting a lag again?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Nope, still running smoothly.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I guess it's me...
Fredd-

I just lagged out, and cant connect to the site, or game.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on May 24, 2013, 09:21:56 PM

Same!

Quote from: Lutagar on May 24, 2013, 09:22:47 PM
Quote from: Fredd on May 24, 2013, 09:21:56 PM

Same!
Fredd-

Am I the only one with bad lag atm?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I did have some lag for a bit when I was playing half an hour ago.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

No lag currently.

Anyone else lagging out there?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quite severely.

Anyone else experiencing lag right now? I'm severely lagged and all ping times are 40ms or less.

Yeah, lagging here.

June 10, 2013, 11:35:51 PM #149 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:39:33 PM by RogueGunslinger
No lag at all here.

That I'm noticing. Not paying a ton of attention*