Re: Mob PCs?

Started by spawnloser, May 31, 2004, 04:53:35 AM

Quote from: "Omen"I was just wondering, if you sent in an app. for a scrab, manikore, tembo, kank, gortok, etc would there be a chance of actually being able to play one. And, if you could play a mob as a pc (not sure if you call them mobs on Arma) would you have to have staggering charma to do so, or would a well written special app. do it. Just curious, friend told me somthing about a kank pc and I thought it interesting... would like to know more about it, thanks.
Just a couple quick things...
They are 'anakore' not manikore.
They are called NPCs, no matter if they are humanoid or not.
It is 'karma' not charma.
As to whether you can play one or not?  Don't know.  The 'kank pc' you heard of is probably BaoBob of BaoBob comics, which can be found here.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

right on all accounts, except the broken link ;)

p.s. I do understand that BaoBob is coming back, which makes me happy 'cause I'm too new to catch the "first wave" as-it-were

I believe the link is valid, but a certain somebody forgot to re-up the host site.  :shock:
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Actually, that is the correct link, but the site was down since the owner didn't pay as he said in another thread.  It should be back up within the next couple days.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hi guys, remember me?

I generally stay off the boards, but its flattering that people still speak sweet sweetnesses about my comic.  About a year ago I had a hard drive accident which wiped out all my BaoBob prop graphics, and I haven't yet been inspired so sit down and remake them all, and even then I'd have to make a lot of the stuff (the backgrounds especially) from scratch.  That kind of came simultaniously with a long break from playing the game.  Every now and then I get the idea in my head that I might start from scratch, but who knows.  I'm a lazy-ass, even when the mild amusement of hundreds is at stake.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

i heard from a first-hand witness:, there was indeed a pc kank. "clickly" I think, was his name.

I would imagine great karma to be required, as you get the full range of emotes. And we don't want any kanks biting people in half, now do we? or even...speaking....shudder.

You're not serious, are you?

That would be the most boring role on the face of Zalanthas.

I remember the days of Clicky the Kank, though I didn't see him myself.  I wonder how people learned his name?  Anyway, I seem to remember one of the staff saying there have been a couple PC animals over the years, but I don't care enough to search the old archives for it.  :)

Yes, it probably would be a very dull role once the novelty wore off.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

All those mudsexers would love it though...imagine this:
A whole heard of heffa' and a single bull kank...in breading season
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

There was once a pc Quirri too.  The black wing were all over eating him

There has been a PC kank, a PC tembo, a PC gwoshi, a PC plains ox, a PC quirri and a PC rat - there may be some others I have forgotten.  Roles like this are usually few and far between, and have to be well thought out and worth the extra effort they require. There are a whole set of constraints implicit in playing a mount, including figuring out how to feed and water yourself.

Wow...PC Plains Ox...I'm sorta jealous.

I bet the rat was a fun RP.

Heh, I was just thinking that too...most of those sound boring except for the rat...that might be kind of fun.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

The deeply scarred, three-eyed rat:
[emote] climbs nimbly on the back of %fancypants chair, hopping upwards before clawing his way onto ^fancypants shoulder and then diving headfirst into ^fancypants dress, its leathery tail whipping the side of ^fancypants nose.

Great potential, indeed.  Was it a Rukkian rat?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I had some nice and fun interaction with an animated rat when I played my first PC... I thought it was an imm. But the rat did react to what I said, and it ate the bread I dropped.   :D

Heh, but we all forgot about PC animated objects. Assuming it can be done codewise of course.

Imagine the tranquility of being a piece of diamond in an underground cavern. Until a gemcutter finds you.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

The only animals I can think of that might be mildly interesting to play would be raptor and kryl since they seem semi intelligent already, sorta like pre-sentiant species...or maybe something that is a noble's pet since it would not be much different then playing a slave except you can't talk.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I am -so- going to make a PC templar's pet tembo sometime.  It will be lovely.

sdesc: the big bad tembo
Namelist: tembo big bad Fluffy
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "X-D"The only animals I can think of that might be mildly interesting to play would be raptor and kryl since they seem semi intelligent already, sorta like pre-sentiant species...

Sunbacks are supposed to be smarter than raptors, and may not be killed on sight near civilized areas.

Quote from: "Help Sunback"
  In the wild, these long-necked lizards are scavengers and small-prey hunters that appear to be more docile, or more intelligent, cousins of the raptor. They are manuverable and quick mounts, but do not have the strength or endurance of a kank.  Being hunters by nature, they tend to adapt better to mounted combat, the better trained among them being able to use their heavy tails to advantage. Desert tribes may keep a few, but their appetites are large compared to their overall usefulness.

Personally I'm holding out for jozhal.  http://www.crimsonsun.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=43

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

You'd play a jozhal?

AC's day as a Jozhal.

think Oooh, shiny rock.

get rock

A burly human walks in from the east.

you shout in jozhalish: RUN AWAY...RUN AWAY!!

flee self
w
w
w
s
w
s
w
w
Think Oooh, A shiny rock.
get rock.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Strangly enough, that is pretty close to the life many of my PCs have led.  But as a jozhal I wouldn't have to pretend to be a hunter.  ;)

AC

I'm holding out on a rantarri or anakore, myself.

A day in the life of spawnloser's Anakore pc.

Wake

Think: Kinda hungry...

lift head slightly looking out of his burrow.

Think: Nope, nothing nearby...

sleep

(time passes)

wake

Think: Kinda hungry...

Lift head peeking from burrow

look south
Near:
nothing
far:
nothing
very far:
a pink polka dotted snake slithers through the sands

watch south

think come closer

Very far to the south you see a pink polka dotted snake slither east.

think Kinda hungry...

look around, nothing.

sleep.
Lizzie:

Take X-D's example, and remove the 'thinks' if you people that want to play a mantis need an idea of what the docs make it sound like it would be like to play one.  And probably why they aren't open for PCs to play.

Hivemind + No sense of individuality + Hunt till you are full then do nothing else until you are hungry again = Boredom.