Author Topic: The Rinth Needs Teeth  (Read 3843 times)

Derain

Re: The Rinth Needs Teeth
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »
How come these threads always pop up right after IC events? I am shocked this isn't locked.

Inks

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2019, 06:13:13 PM »
If you want competent control in the rinth, play competently. If you get unlucky and die despite or perhaps due to your playstyle, shrug and know that it is better than dying to NPCs.

There was a number of rinthi gang leaders with 'zero' combat skill that thrived for the longest of times.

I forgot his name now. But the creator of eastside kings elf gang had a lot of elves following him that codedly were very adept in combat. While he himself was basically completely untrained. He literally had no time to practice skills, he was too busy schmoozing.

Krak, it was Krak. He was a burglar with the worst stats I have ever played, and every element listed in his mdesc. ;)

EDIT: Damn our gang name was so cheeky.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:45:49 PM by Inks »
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

number13

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2019, 08:14:10 PM »
How come these threads always pop up right after IC events? I am shocked this isn't locked.

There's always IC events.  I'm thinking of a string of events, going back two or three RL years.

My concerns is over how dependent the Guild's power is on individual PCs being coded killing machines, rather than an organizational soft strength. Additionally, I'm concerned that the Guild isn't the best clan for being a city-based human criminal, as they can't offer even a fraction of the benefits of the Arm, the GMHs, or noble clans. In fact, I don't think they offer much more than a PC clan. I've seen uncoded PC groups with nearly zero staff support easily out-compete Guild PCs, routinely.

And while you're right that a certain event was the straw that broke the camel's back and prompted me to post this thread, the fact is that players who have no idea what this event is could read this thread and still have no concrete idea.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:40:15 PM by number13 »

Dar

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2019, 09:12:35 PM »
Like me. I sort of gathered a basic possibility, but hardly any details. It's also such a common possibility, it really doesn't reveal anything.

Krak. Yessssh. I would visit and keep an eye on his daughter for 8 years+ after his death easy. Kept her mother "mostly" untouchable by the rinthi elements. Or helped anyway, she handled her own.  She's probably a playable entity at the moment, somewhere around 25-28?