COMING SOON: To an Armageddon (MUSH) client near you...

Started by James de Monet, July 01, 2015, 05:30:32 AM

July 01, 2015, 05:30:32 AM Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:30:03 AM by James de Monet

Edited to add:

The beta version of this status panel is now available -here-!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: aeglaeca on July 01, 2015, 06:03:16 AM
How customizable is this?

That depends what you mean.  That stats that are shown by default, starting from the far left grey icon and going clockwise, are:

• Armed Status (armed/unarmed)
  • Encumbrance (light/manageable/heavy)
  • Time - This sun phase clock is taken from my Enviro Tracker Clock, and retains many of the same options, including logo or just sun, voting reminders, the ability to turn the text on and off, and a few different color combinations of text.
  • Movement Speed (walking, sneaking, running)
  • Position+ (standing, sitting, resting, mounted)
  • Health - All four status bars have their own default color, which changes to yellow at 60% and red at 30%.
  • Stamina
  • Stun
  • Mana (not shown)

In that the underlying script for this panel is based on Agent_137's graphical status bar script (with contributions by Delirium and 7DV), you can turn any stat on or off if you have a bit of lua knowledge.  I'm not sure why you would want to do that, but the panel should properly remove any indication of the stat if it receives no info for it.  The only stat that is very easy to tun on and off is mana (since not everyone needs it).

In terms of the appearance of the panel, as of right now, it comes with a default set of two icon colors (light grey and dark grey), and a set of a few different background images, each with a variant to indicate when you are 'fighting'.  I have also written in the ability for our talented and intrepid community to create (and then share!) their own background and icon images, and add them fairly easily to the selectable set for the panel itself.

Was there another specific customizabillity you were interested in?

(I might also note that now that I have the functionality of transferring information between MUSHclient and .NET enabled, I have some plans for some other add-ons to this panel, but they aren't working yet, and will probably require staff approval.)
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Well, I'm assuming most using this client will prefer to use it for grinding purposes as opposed to RP. My experience with trying to RP with a touchscreen is autocorrect will own your ass, proper capitalization/appropriate punctuation is a pain, and making the attempt will result in slowing a scene down significantly or, in crowded scenes, being completely unable to respond as the conversation passes you by at a pace you can't keep up with.

That in mind, the things I would want in order to use mobile client to play are easily customizable aliases, customizable echoes, and maximized text:screen size ratio, including the ability to gag the prompt. A better interface for when you /do/ need to RP, such as auto capitalization and punctuation, would be awesome.

Wait, what?

It's not a mobile client.  It's a widget that sits on your desktop, and tracks your health, the time, and other info that's available in the prompt.

Apparently my teaser images are not as clear as I thought.

Oh, whoops. My bad, I didn't look particularly closely at them :)

Cool stuff JDM.  I'd be interested to see what other people's setups look like... here's my info bars, nowhere near as cool as yours:

[add: those aren't my true stats just approximations of what they might be]
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I really need to add 137's combat highlighter to my setup.

Is that what's giving you your hand highlights, or is that your own script?

Just my own.  Those are especially useful for skimming through someone's equipment list.

Another one I like a lot is for "walks|runs east|north|south|west" -- in each case the direction gets a different color (green, blue, red or yellow) to give me a little mental nudge when my group changes direction (west and east especially are similar-looking words for my lazy eyes)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"