Role help.. What roll do you eat with dinner?

Started by BlackMagic0, April 07, 2008, 10:40:15 PM

April 07, 2008, 10:40:15 PM Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:33:31 AM by BlackMagic0
I've no concepts in mind... So I do not wanna write one up from scratch again, at this very moment. The last concept I wrote, and went over for at least a day on. Something came up and I can not play concept. Either way.. That is here say. Now.. I am asking..

Anyone got a role they need filled?

People say I am good role player.. I do not know, Ask them, or so..  Anything?

Drop them here..Or in a PM. Give fine or little detail to your role you have in mind.
Keep in mind I have two karma, if you have a role you want filled.

Either way.. Help?  ???

EDIT TO ADD ONCE AGAIN:
My play times are about roughly 5pm to 1am USA central time zone, give or take a hour or two. Depends if I have plans or something for that night.
Want a reason? FTCS. Ask me what that is. ;)

EDIT TO ADD:
I've played many times in -
Allanak  - Many a PC have come to live here, I know the layout by memory easily.
Rinth  - Same as Allanak.
The Pah - Played three or four PCs here, I know the layout of the Pah well enough not to get lost and where not to go. Always loved tribal. :)
------
I have played under 2 times in -
Tuluk (2)  - Enjoyed my second PC here greatly!  :-*
Luirs (1)  - Stored.
------
I have never played in -
Red Storm   - Who actually lives here as a PC?!  ???
Human Tribal Tribes  - ( I can not special apply though at the moment, Not for like 3 weeks, think they are all full to.)  :-\
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

April 07, 2008, 10:48:07 PM #1 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:56:44 PM by brytta.leofa
You can be my sister.
Warning: I don't play very much.
Edit: and this is a Red Storm role.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on April 07, 2008, 10:48:07 PM
You can be my sister.
Warning: I don't play very much.

I've never played a female PC...

I doubt I ever will...

Any my play times are uber-fucking-amazing-high. LET ME EDIT THE MAIN POST! :P

April 07, 2008, 10:54:10 PM #3 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:56:27 PM by Maybe42or54
Well, I recommend that you apply for Lyksae Warriors if you are okay with Clans.

IF not, I suggest doing and independent medic up north, or possibly a weapons crafter.

If you havn't found something you like, I'll think of something tomorrow.

Hawaiin Rolls are the shit.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I enjoy a nice crunchy whole-wheat roll with my dinner, lightly buttered, with raspberry and/or strawberry jam.  Hawaiian bread rolls are also quite delicious.
Goryteller

Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

brytta is awesome indeed, but he does not play much, damn him.

My suggestion:

-- Get a d1. (That's a single die.)

-- Roll race:
    1. Human
    2. Half-elf
    3. Dwarf
    4. City elf
    5, 6: Roll again

-- Roll gender:
    1, 2, 3: Female
    4, 5, 6: Male

-- Roll starting location:
    1. Allanak
    2. Tuluk
    3. Luir's
    4. Red Storm
    5. Labyrinth
    6. Roll again

-- Roll guild:
    1. Merchant
    2. Assassin
    3. Burglar
    4. Pickpocket
    5. Ranger
    6. Warrior

-- Roll character's life goal / area of play:
     1. Become embroiled in politics
     2. Become a master crafter
     3. Become an awesome fighter
     4. Become insanely rich
     5. Get adopted by a GMH family
     6. Become a clan leader

Commit to whatever insane combination you roll and play it to the hilt. Pick a subguild that you think will help you achieve the character's goals.

I just rolled a male city elf who hails from Luir's, guild pickpocket, who wants to become a master crafter.

And then a female half-elf from Red Storm, guild warrior, who wants to get into politics.

Crazy possibilities!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

<3
Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 10:58:16 PM
My suggestion:

That deserves to be stickied.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have anything to suggest... except.

COME TO LUIR'S AGAIN!

- Other than that.. eat one of those pillsbury premade buttery rolls, and think on it?
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

I hope he ends up rolling a burglar female dwarf in the 'rinth who wants to get adopted by a GMH family.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I may have a family role for you. A brother, human, in the south. Pretty much wide open to interpretation. I play pretty regularly nowadays, and our two characters would have some big issues from the past to work out. Don't know if that's your kind of thing, but just send a PM this way if you're interested.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

April 08, 2008, 01:02:18 AM #10 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:18:23 AM by BlackMagic0
I really do like the few roles I seen pop up...

As well Gimf, That is interesting.. I'm going grab some dice and give it a roll tomorrow.

you should try harder to come up with something that entertains your brain or quit for awhile.

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 08, 2008, 01:07:34 AM
you should try harder to come up with something that entertains your brain or quit for awhile.

Not really helpful. Agent, no need for such abusive comments to my ego.  ::)

You can't come up with ideas on your own? You're stupid. You should die, and never play Arm again. In either order you like.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 08, 2008, 01:02:18 AM
I really do like the few roles I seen pop up...

As well Gimf, That is interesting.. I'm going grab some dice and give it a roll tomorrow.

Roll a 5 for start location!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Stubbornly, the dwarf merchant says, in sirihish:
  "NO!  I -will- learn to fight better than those overcharging bynners!"

The dwarf merchant thinks:
  "Man.  Fuck dice."
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

April 08, 2008, 09:29:07 AM #16 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:31:05 AM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 08, 2008, 04:26:04 AM
You can't come up with ideas on your own? You're stupid. You should die, and never play Arm again. In either order you like.

Obviously everyone is reading my post wrong. I -can very well make my own concepts-. I simply said I have no concepts in mind at the moment, which would equal to I am free to attempt a family role or such! As well see if anyone had any ideas, just to throw at me that could get a concept going. You known set off the barrel of flash powder into a chain reaction of awesome ideas! I have and can make very entertaining and amazing concepts.  :o
So Rogue. You die my friend, you die.  8)  :P

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 10:58:16 PM-- Get a d1. (That's a single die.)
Don't you mean a d6?  A d1 is a marble.   :P

But anyway, completely randomly rolled characters are awesome.  That's how I ended up with my D&D half-orc bard/barbarian who turned out to be the most hilarious and awesome character I've ever played.  I definitely want to do one for Armageddon someday.

Another idea I had was for a character concept exchange program where one way or another people write characters for other people to play.  Maybe someone looking for an idea posts on a thread, then volunteers send a PM with a complete concept (guild, subguild, desc, and background) for them to play.

April 08, 2008, 10:34:55 AM #18 Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:22:15 PM by Tisiphone
Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 10:58:16 PM
-- Get a d1. (That's a single die.)

*squint* You play Shadowrun, don't you?

My inner geek is filled with loss. A single die of the type you want would be a d6, or, if you like redundancy, 1d6

As far as a role, all I can say is: yes, people do play regularly in Red Storm. I think you should too.

Wow. Weird bug.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Yeah, Moe and Tis are way more geeky than I am, and also correct. I don't play D&D of any kind and never have and probably never will, because...just because.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on April 08, 2008, 09:41:49 AM
Another idea I had was for a character concept exchange program where one way or another people write characters for other people to play.  Maybe someone looking for an idea posts on a thread, then volunteers send a PM with a complete concept (guild, subguild, desc, and background) for them to play.

That's a nifty idea.

Also, brytta and I are working on writing / coding up a random character idea generator for ARM. No predictions as to when it will be done, since I can't speak for his end (the coding part).

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 08, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
Yeah, Moe and Tis are way more geeky than I am, and also correct. I don't play D&D of any kind and never have and probably never will, because...just because.

I say you give it a try! DOOOO IT!  8)

So I rolled some Die: Online too.
http://www.irony.com/igroll.html

So, judging by this, I am a female half-elf rinther assassin who wants to become a clan leader.

Guild, anyone?

Bwahahaha

For reference:

-- Roll race:
     1. Human
     2. Half-elf
     3. Dwarf
     4. City elf
     5, 6: Roll again

-- Roll gender:
     1, 2, 3: Female
     4, 5, 6: Male

-- Roll starting location:
     1. Allanak
     2. Tuluk
     3. Luir's
     4. Red Storm
     5. Labyrinth
     6. Roll again

-- Roll guild:
     1. Merchant
     2. Assassin
     3. Burglar
     4. Pickpocket
     5. Ranger
     6. Warrior

-- Roll character's life goal / area of play:
      1. Become embroiled in politics
      2. Become a master crafter
      3. Become an awesome fighter
      4. Become insanely rich
      5. Get adopted by a GMH family
      6. Become a clan leader
Roll 1: 2.
Roll 2: 1.
Roll 3: 5.
Roll 4: 6.
Roll 5: 2.
Roll 6: 6.
Roll 7: 2.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

HAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHahaha...
I rolled this....

3. Dwarf  1, 2, 3: Female  4. Red Storm 5. Ranger  5. Get adopted by a GMH family

THEN this..

2. Half-elf   1, 2, 3: Female  5. Labyrinth  6. Warrior   3. Become an awesome fighter

;D

I sense fun in your future, my padawan learner.

<-- Has never played a female PC.. As I fear the horny men of Arm.  :-*

I rolled for shits and giggles, and those are the oddest rolls ever. Also.. My dice is broke, I keep getting female. :( haha