Arm-specific descriptions are out of hand...

Started by Anonymous, April 08, 2006, 07:22:24 PM

Quote from: "davien"Damnit, mansa.

=)

and i just saved it to harddrive, so i can host it myself until you threaten to sue.

Quote from: "davien"Damnit, mansa.

=)
Wait, you're the person who made the Darklyn intro tips? If so, thanks a lot, I've always appreciated it from when I was a newb until the last time I made a character.

I do have to ask though, why did you decide to take it down?

Because it's been almost 10 years since it's been revised, it's way out of date, and I want to put the damned thing into a database and write some new text for it.

I'm trying to work with the staff inasfar as what I can put into it that is game-specific.

Aaah, great. Thanks :) I'm all for improving documentation.

Armageddoners are not the only ones who use it, btw.  It gets LOTS of hits from other people.

Quote from: "Sanvean"Here's the list that I found on the staff wiki, put together by Ix Machina a while back:

You forgot a fruit:
Vordak: Deep Purple, oblong
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I thought belshun fruit was blue, not dark purple...

If I am IC looking at someone and examining their general description, I will use the terms I am familiar with in my head. My character would make IC terms, but problem is that I don't know these terms OOC yet. So perhaps you are drawing from my RP experience by using these elitist terms? Of course I will learn them using the FAQ/boards, however the request remains: attempt to use these IC terms accompanied by OOC plain English descriptions to help the noobs.
ill.

I'd say it's a bit of both. As an example in the real world we do use terms like "Doe eyed",or "Sleek like a cat" but we don't use terms like "Hair the color of pine tree bark" or "Oak colored skin"

Mahogany skin or chestnut hair wouldn't freak anyone out in RL though, and those are both tree colors.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Mahogany skin or chestnut hair wouldn't freak anyone out in RL though, and those are both tree colors.

Yes, but this is more an exercise in idiom.  I don't think that's been extended to the Armageddon lexicon yet.  Which is why it's just weird.

An Orange is orange.
An Apple is not apple.
Banannas are more often yellow than bananna, or they are bananna-yellow.

At what point is Agafari brown, Ocotillo ocotillo or Horta horta-colored?  I think it's silly to automatically assume that all things represented in Zalanthas immediately refer to a color.

(and this is part of the reason I'm revising the chargen site - that's not been made clear even for the english examples)

I think you're silly.

:twisted:
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "moab"I think you're silly.

:twisted:

Oh, I freely admit that.  Haven't you been paying attention? =D