"Carry" Command

Started by Bluefae, November 28, 2005, 11:06:29 PM

Found this as I was trolling through old Code posts:

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
...I would also like to see perhaps another command, much like subdue, but for mundane purposes, like lovers carrying each other, or you carrying a sick person here and there. A command like 'carry'.

Senario:

em leans down and kisses the short girl
The big guy leans down and kisses the short girl.

carry girl
You pick up the short girl.
(She has nosave off. If she does not, you get the message 'That person does not want to be carried.' The room and the person get no message, because it would be irrational for someone to try to carry, in that way, someone who does not want to be carried.)

The short girl slides from your arms.
(The player of the girl has just typed 'walk/run/sneak' while being carried. BTW, she could also kill you while being carried in this manner. Draw a knife, have one, punch him, backstab him...whatever...of course, the knife pulling would be noticed...)

End of Senario

My main point was concerning the subdue. But the carry command would be good. It would give the message 'The big guy has arrived from the west, carrying the short girl'...more RPish for situations such as lovers, sick buddies, or pets. Release would do as it does in subdue...passing to another person or laying them down. If the person is sleeping, they get the message that they are being carried. If they are unconsious, it does what it does now, no message. I hate the current subdue thing with those more delicate situations.

Just the bottom line....

Venomz

Thought this was an *excellent* idea - how difficult would it be to tweak the current "Subdue" code to give us this addition to RP?  

As things stand, I whole-heartedly agree with 7DV on the awkwardness of certain situations - for example, having to be subdued for someone to  romantically carry me across an apartment threshold is really a mood killer.  Of course, emotes can be used to convey this, and nosave somewhat gets around it, but I'm all in favor of code evolving to support RP as much as is feasible.  

I also love the idea of being able to "see" the relative positions of a couple coming into (or going out of) a room, which this addition would foster.  Again, our flexible emote system allows us to convey an impressively wide range of actions, but the more the code can support us in RP, the more time and effort we have to give to other, more specific ones.

Finally, changing a ldesc or having to spam the same emote every time my beau and I move could get vexatious rather quickly.

Thoughts?
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Could be both interesting a fun.

In fact, I could have used the command earlier today, with a short RP session I had with an NPC, but ended up being forced to use 'subdue' (which wasn't appropriate, but it was all that was available).

Wow. That was an old post! I barely even remembered asking for that.

But yes, it would be nice, aye, X?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Another sweet suggestion.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Is carrying a woman over the threshhold of a doorway a truly appropriate action in Zalanthas though? I'm not making a statement, I'm asking as a curious person.
ar is not about who is right, but who is left.

Carrying a friend to the infirmary..

Carrying your man across the doorway..

Carrying someone sick..

Carrying someone unconscious..

All sorts of situations this could be used for.

There have been multiple situations I've been in where carry would have been useful.  Subdue was used in one of those and wasn't quite right.  Would there be any abusive uses for a command like this?  I like it. :)
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

Quote from: "Packersfan"Is carrying a woman over the threshhold of a doorway a truly appropriate action in Zalanthas though? I'm not making a statement, I'm asking as a curious person.

That's debatable, but clubbing a man/woman over the head and dragging them into your cave/apartment, THAT is assuredly Zalanthan.

Of course maybe subdue is the right thing for that case...

If a person is sick or incapacitated, it seems to me more appropriate to be able to carry them somewhere and not have to worry about the militia jumping on your ass because you're manhandling them just so you can get them to an infirmary.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".