Proposed adjustments/additions to the weather system

Started by Samoa, November 28, 2002, 02:41:26 PM

This looks a bit like a previous topic, I know, but I'd like for things to be more linear here and less cluttered.  I'd like to leave debates and the like in the other topic heading, and have this one nice and clean for imms to look through.

One of the things I saw someone mention briefly but I think would be very interesting was a static storm.  Considering the air on Zalanthas, as well as the fact that there appears (to me, at least) to be no manifestation of Elkros.  I feel sort of sorry for those poor little rascals.  No temple, no lightning, it must be so sad.

I'd also like to see more variation in sandstorms; this seems to be the general concensus on the other post as well - perhaps one or two that are harsher (would tear delicate clothing, or damage hp if not enough clothing was worn) but by and large many more softer ones, that you can still see in.  Particularly in the city.  Anyone else's suggestions?
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Actually there is a temple.  Well, an unfinished one.  Yes, it's under construction.  Yes, it's been under construction for years and years, heh.

When I was playing an Elkran/Elkrosian/Elkrosi/gohome I was 'working' with Talley to help get the thing built.  Unfortunately, things sort of stalled, probably because I didn't play often and I seemed to be the only lightning mage in town - I guess Talley decided it wasn't worth the effort to get the thing done for only one player.  We did run a short quest though, which was really neat - thanks Talley, for that.

Static storms would be neat.  Especially if they did some damage.  Which I still think the harshest sandstorms should do.  Anyhow, I'm getting off topic.  Heh.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley