Author Topic: Activities outside the APM  (Read 4180 times)

ShaLeah

Activities outside the APM
« on: June 21, 2004, 03:34:36 PM »
For those interested in doing other things outside the APM, I figure we need a thread to jot down some ideas.

I will be voting for the drunken Karaoke even though last time finding a place was like finding a needle in a haystack. Yeah, yeah, I know, no one will go.

Anyway, here's a link to a couple of places a group of us were thinking of going:

http://www.atlantagothic.net/portal/alias__Rainbow/lang__en-US/tabID__3039/DesktopDefault.aspx

Post here if you have any ideas on what to do besides stay at the convention.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Zhaira

• Legend
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 03:49:09 PM »
Secret Room is more or less now one of the two 'fetish' areas that's taken over in the city since the fall of most of the BDSM play-groups and the two BDSM-themed clubs (the Vault and the Chamber).  The other more 'gothic' thing coming up is new in the city, and that's Flux, held at the Armory; I have no idea what's going on with that, as I haven't heard much about it.  Both are probably very much 'kinder-goth' atmospheres, but should be fun.  If you were going to get drunk and sing and stuff, I would say the Masquerade is a better place for it, but I strongly doubt there's karaoke there -- and I didn't see it on your link.  I am not familiar with Kontrol Faktor.

The Masquerade is a double-venue area with a bar/relax room and an outdoor patio.  There's a stage upstairs, and downstairs.  Downstairs is 80's night on Thursdays, I believe.  It's also where you'll get hip hop and such; upstairs is where more 'alternative' acts perform, like the Cruxshadows, etc.  It is _VERY SMALL_.  It is cramped.  Expect it to be crowded and hard to hear if there's anything going on.

Just my two cents on the clubs.

ShaLeah

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 04:05:54 PM »
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

sarahjc

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »
A good place to search for things to do in Atlanta for those crazy non-gothics?

Even a place that you can find Karoke???

citysearch.com It won't tell you exactly what the super "in" places are, but it does give ratings and locations on specific themes. Here is the Atlanta link.

http://atlanta.citysearch.com/section/bars_nightlife/?cslink=topbar_bars_nightlife
Quote from: jmordetsky
Sarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant
"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

crymerci

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »
You want to drag a bunch of introverts to a nightclub?  :shock:
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

ShaLeah

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 04:34:17 PM »
Quote from: "crymerci"
You want to drag a bunch of introverts to a nightclub?  :shock:

Honey, I don't know what APM you're going to but I can assure you that even those you consider introverts will show their Fale side when at an APM.  I think the massive amounts of booze helps.  :twisted:

We went to a goth type fetishy club a couple of years ago, everyone had a good time.  That's why I made the thread so we could finger it out!

tortall

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 05:06:04 PM »
Um, just on a small note, some of us(actually, several) arn't 21, and they won't even let us IN to most of those places. As for karokie... I know a pub in Morrow GA. It's about a 20 min drive from the Con though. It even has a dance floor.

-I- personally enjoied just hanging out in the room this last year. We can have a dance floor, and someone can bring their laptop with their 5 million songs and we can have our OWN club. The Armageddon. Hey, it sound good! I'll bring the food. ;-)

-Tortall, who is sad she can't get into clubs. She likes to dance.... Even if she scares people when she does.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

ShaLeah

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 05:14:12 PM »
Quote from: "tortall"
I know a pub in Morrow GA. It's about a 20 min drive from the Con though. It even has a dance floor.

I'm cool with travel, we'll just have to get designated drivers.  :twisted:

j0ram

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 10:21:36 AM »
I, fore one, might to one few-hour-long club outing, but otherwise I've found it best/easiest to remain at the convention, where there are MORE than enough things during the night hours for those who don't feel like driving elsewhere. There are bars at the hotel and within a block walking distance. The three large convention halls turn into concerts and dance halls (there are a few live music acts ever night of the convention). Free movies and anime showings, parties GALORE and much, much more.

Goth parties, fetish parties, who knows what else.

As for karaoke... Atlanta has plenty of them, but since it's got the whole night-life city thing going, most of the places that do have karaoke do it during weeknights, not weekends.

The places that do do it within 5 miles of the hotel you'll have to call and see what their schedule is.

The Local - (404) 873-5002 - 1.7 miles
Neighbor's Pub - (404) 872-5440 - 2.3 miles
Stooge's - (404) 355-5445 (karaoke Saturdays at 9:30pm) - 3.7 miles

The rest are either bars that people would not want to go to (drive 3 miles in one direction you've got trendy, drive 3 miles in the other direction you've got ghetto). The rest of them (the majority of what could be considered a karaoke bar) are gay/lesbian places.

Driving more than a single car load of people through the city can get to be a nightmare. Not only are you looking at the extra charges for taking cars out of parking garages and putting them back in, you're also stuck looking for more parking when you get there. Best bet is to get a taxi van.

naatok

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 07:14:18 PM »
I wanna find those fucking Klingons who visqueened their entire hotel room during the 2002 APM, and had bondage racks and such set up in there.

But, then again....I'm a naughty monkey.   :twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Forest Junkie

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 12:28:38 AM »
What are us poor people going to do?

Carnage

• Posting Privileges Revoked
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 12:54:21 AM »
Are there going to be more webcam orgies?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Zhaira

• Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 10:48:08 AM »
It was not an orgy, and most of us didn't know the webcam was on.  So... maybe.

mansa

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 11:00:41 AM »
I think...  I'm just going to hang around the Hotel this year.  I'll borrow someone's ticket for 2 hours and wander around, then return to the hotel room and then wander around the lobby, for free.  I'll watch the people dressed up, and then I'll go back to the hotel room.  I'll go back down to the lobby, and then maybe I'll walk over to the second hotel and sit in the lobby.  Then I might sit down at the Armageddon booth/table and then I'll go back up to the hotel.  Sometime around there I'll walk over to the local mall and eat some cheap food, and then walk back to the hotel room.  Then I might borrow someone's ticket again, and walk around in the dealer's room.  I might watch some of the minatures games.  I might watch some pokemon games.  I might watch some anime or play some halo.  I might look at the art room, and maybe think about purchasing some gold-plated dice.  I'll shake hands with the guy who played Hulk in the 70s, if he's still there.  And maybe some Stargate guys.  Maybe I'll find another Canadian actor and talk about Toronto.  Then I'll go back up to the hotel room and return the ticket to the passed out guy rolled up in a blanket.  And then I'll moon the webcam. And then, I'll start drinking in the hotel room.  And then..I'll go back down to the lobby all drunk.  And that will be my friday night.

I'll tell you later about saturday, sunday, and even monday.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Krath

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 08:54:18 AM »
Where there is Alcohol and women, there will be me
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

sarahjc

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 09:01:56 AM »
But will they think you are an interesting activity outside the APM???
Quote from: jmordetsky
Sarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant
"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Chronicle

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 02:01:42 PM »
I think i'm with mansa on this one, except I might stumble around drunkenly upstairs to a few random parties or something, meet some new people. My new car CAN sit 4 people...but two of those must be some small ass people, so I can be designated driver for a night or two if you need it.