Close the northern noble houses?

Started by Angela Christine, May 14, 2004, 05:02:16 AM

Eh?

It's not like they had to start from scratch when Allanak was beat out.  The Tuluki government first of all never left, they were just hiding.  Second it isn't like it was just a bunch of barbaric villages that whole time.  It WAS a city, just occupied by Allanak.  Not to mention the merchant houses were there.  So why doesn't it make sense?  As far as riches go, it's in the greenest region of a desert world.  The city actually being destroyed probably happened around a hundred years ago in game by now and the people for the most part survived it, so it isn't like they had to reinvent the wheel, just rebuild it.

The changes that occured then were also a long time comming, no ooc hands of plug pulling like this thread seems to be suggesting.  I guess what I'm saying is if you want Tuluk gone so bad then march up there with an army and destroy it.

you all prob like werd cause he puts himself off as a good guy . when in fact he is a flaming ____ !!!! he has no strategy !!!!! he cant get no pootie tang   cause he never leaves the house . he will prob ignore me after he reads this . but thats oky cause i know his counter part  :twisted:    after all werd wouldn't you agree pootayisgay  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Quote from: "bambi killer"you all prob like werd cause he puts himself off as a good guy . when in fact he is a flaming ____ !!!! he has no strategy !!!!! he cant get no pootie tang   cause he never leaves the house . he will prob ignore me after he reads this . but thats oky cause i know his counter part  :twisted:    after all werd wouldn't you agree pootayisgay  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Hey everyone, John and Creeper had a baby!
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I had kept this thread open because it initially had some quality discussion.  I am completely perplexed how a group of ordinarily intelligent and rational people can devolve so rapidly into base name-calling.

The discussion was related to closing a few clans and/or the city of Tuluk itself and I cannot, by any stretch of my imagination, comprehend how such a topic would warrant insults, derogatory sarcasm, and contempt.

The topic of north versus south has come up before and you will normally find the playerbase polarized between the two, with a handful of players happily stuck in the middle.  

While there may be some truth to the fact that the playerbase is too scattered, I don't feel it makes much sense to close off Tuluk as a whole.  There is no true IC reason why Tuluk would close itself off, leaving all but an outpost as its sole means of communication with the outside world.  It makes little economic sense and, having successfully fended off numerous attacks on the city, they would have little fear of invaders.  

From an OOC perspective, if we're wanting to unite a fractured playerbase then it would make more sense to close down a few of the outside clans, such as the Anyali and numerous desert elves, which add flavor to the game but little practical intrigue while leaving the larger cities, which have the potential to create much conflict if utilized properly.  However, I don't think this is a solution either.

In the past two years, our playerbase has grown tremendously.  A large part of it is due to the players, who have actively campaigned for the game.  The playerbase, from what I have seen, is continuing to grow.  I would suggest having a little patience and be proactive with the roles you choose.

Regarding the nobility, while the spheres of influence from north to south might overlap in areas, the differing houses have their own unique approach and flavor, which is borne out in the docs.  Saying that Winrothol is identical to Borsail simply because both are Houses that deal with slavery is a tremendous injustice not only to the staff involved in creating the House but to the players that helped flesh it out as well.

In closing, this is a game and we all, staff and player alike, are involved with it because we enjoy it and have fun.  If it is causing you enough grief that you are becoming incensed over suggestions and ideas that are contrary to your way of thinking, perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate your priorities.

Regards,

Laeris
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye