Sub-class confusion...

Started by ashjpd, May 09, 2004, 12:45:48 AM

Quote from: "Ix Machina"Please... if only for the sanity of me, if NO ONE else, please think about what you're posting, who it's going to help, and what you expect to have happen from posting your gripe/complaint/fingerpointing/declaration of abuse and whether it would be better served by emailing the mud account for a clarification or as a heads up to a situation.

Not to derail this thread, but I have two points to make in regard to this:

1. People are often very reticent to email the mud for reasons that I've inferred have to do with being afraid of being perceived as wasting the staff's time or emailing the staff and just being wrong in what they have issue with.  (I've emailed the staff regarding the way a spell works only to find that it was a syntax issue on my part, the spell worked the way I hoped it would)
2. People post here a lot of the time to try and gain popular support for an idea.  I know the mud is not a democracy, but the staff has proven to be attentive to player ideas when they are appropriate.

Not saying that those reasons are right or wrong, just pointing out that posting something here that should go to the mud account isn't always done solely for the reason of raising a stink or complaining.