Effect of RPTs on Economy

Started by , May 03, 2004, 12:45:08 PM

- - Role playing games are supposed to simulate real worlds, not be exact replicas of them.  That is why we have poor people.  That is why said poor people tend to live in clusters.  If we had everything that existed virtually in the world as tangible (all of the time), Arm would be so large no server could run it.  Saying that everything should be in existence at all times instead of existing virtually is unreasonable. We couldn't do it even if we wanted to.

- - That is why you are expected to role play that what is there virtually is there tangibly. It is unrealistic to say that virtual goods are any less real than ones your character can have because it is always available, codewise.  Saying that the code should keep people from doing something entirely possible, simply because some additional objects have gone from virtual to tangible, is unreasonable.
i]The Unholy Immortal of Red Storm,
The Merciless Co-Immortal of House Kurac,
The Tyrannical Developer of Skill_Wagonmaking,[/i]
Gesht

I'm not going to get into a tit for tat with you guys. Thanks for listening.

Xerin, one point that you seem to miss completely is that from an RP standpoint, there is no difference between virtual vs NPC vs PC wealth.  The IMMs have told you this, accept it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I just wanted to add one more thing.  Most of the wealth gererated by this HRPT came from PCs, not from selling the equiptment of the invading army.  This id due to the five item limits on the shops, and the fact that most of the equiptment carried by the invaders was the same.  I base this off of the following math:

Say there was 3 different weapons, 2 different shields, and 3 different kinds of armor.  Say they sold for an average of 50 sid each.  If you sold 5 of each of these items, you would make 2000 sid.  That is assuming one character sold it all.  spreading it out over 10 PCs, and your down to 200 sid each.  Assumming my esitmates are low, and we quadruple it, you have 400 sid spread out over 20 PCs.  I don't think this is reallt all that significant.  

The only way someone can make a significant amount from that eqiptment is they were very fast and the first one to geta lot of it to the shop, which means that the number of PCs effected is actually smaller, or if you are hording it and saving it for after the nexy reboot, which unless ypour a mul, half-giant, or own a house, isn't a real option.

Incidently, you can make a lot more money when you came across a dead corpse with  there newbie money than the above example, an that happens a lot more frequently.
Vettrock