Brawl anywhere, Brawl anytime

Started by jmordetsky, April 06, 2004, 10:34:38 PM

Okay first off, Imms I know it's been said, but the brawl code rocks.

With that said. I'm thinking why not get rid of "hit" as an alias to a kill attack.

Keep kill, and make the hit command, *always* trigger the brawl code.

Whether it is illegal, or turns deadly can be up to the locations, PCs, NPCs involved.

Thoughts?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Firstoff, just stop before me if this is IC sensitve at all. Don't want to step on toes just now...probally be ready to step on them tommorrow though.

The brawl code...as far as I knew it was active inside the red storm taverns. I'm not entirely sure of how it works, and after that, has it been expanded? Brought up to allanak and other places?
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Dracul"Firstoff, just stop before me if this is IC sensitve at all. Don't want to step on toes just now...probally be ready to step on them tommorrow though.

The brawl code...as far as I knew it was active inside the red storm taverns. I'm not entirely sure of how it works, and after that, has it been expanded? Brought up to allanak and other places?

The code is now in all appropriate taverns I believe.  So, brawling at the Sanctuary or the Trader's may not fly but most other areas are fair game last time I checked.  This was announced awhile ago.

And I love the idea, good thought.

You have two types of harshness. Harshness from commoners and harshness from the militia. If the militia is letting everyone brawl everywhere (minus places nobles are likely to go) then how is the militia being harsh?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm just concerened about the militia becomming too tolerant ;)

I think brawling in the streets probably happens anyway, in virtual form.  The militia is there, more or less, to protect the templars and nobility and very highly inflential commoners.  Beyond that, they enforce the law of the sorc-king, and have little care for petty fist fights...I think.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I also think this idea is good but on a smaller level.. The known world should not be reduced to beatings anytime, anywhere..  But it would be cool if the bar keep told you to take it outside. And hey.. You could.. Plus the way the brawl code is designed just rocks.. adds so much to be truly able to RP out a fight.. I love it!

I think It should be outside Taverns, or places that are considered that of public gathering, but maybe not inside all of them .. Like Outside the Traders and the Sanc would be cool, but inside you would get some shit.

Open squares and busy markets. (Shop keeper should be able to beat the crap out of you if you take something off them)

And for some reason I think in front of places that sell mounts.  I don't know why.

I would say anywhere that has the potential to become a boiling pot of conflict, you should be able to brawl in or at least directly outside it.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "John"You have two types of harshness. Harshness from commoners and harshness from the militia. If the militia is letting everyone brawl everywhere (minus places nobles are likely to go) then how is the militia being harsh?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm just concerened about the militia becomming too tolerant ;)

I guess the title of the post is a bit misleading. I don't think it should be tolerated, just possible. If punched someone in the face, out on the side walk, I'm still going to be arrested If I'm caught.  But I'm not goint to get in as much trouble as if I whipped out a dagger and stuck them with it. It should still be illegal, but if I want to take the risk of brawling out side the tavern instead of killing, I should be able to. Thats not to say if I try to brawl with npc they won't draw and cut me down, or that the solidiers will allow me to do with out hauling me off to jail.

Where I'm thinking this might be useful is for handliong situations where you are mad at someone but really *don't* want to kill them. On the city street, Maybe even at tent camp somewhere.

I could see a bunch of bynners camping out in the wilderness and one calls the other such and such, they exchange a few blows until the sarge comes back from patrol and gives them a scolding.

Not every physical altercation outside a tavern needs to use deadly force and or end in a flee.

In general, I love the RP ability of the brawl code combat. I'd go as far as to say I'd like to see a model like this for all combat. Granted it's slower, probably wouldn't work well with NPCs, but it allows for alot more RP in a PC to PC fight.

I think a brawl-like system is awesome in any situation where you OC are more interested in the *fight* then you are in dismantling your opponent and IC you want to enforce a message on someone/something physically but don't want to kill them. It's really just a great mingling of RP and code.

imho.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com