Shop hours

Started by Tamarin, April 06, 2004, 12:20:59 PM

There are shops that are open during only day hours.  I think there should be shops that are only open during night hours.  Thoughts?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

We could ask for 7-11's..Hrm? I think the slurpies would go over particularly well.

It makes sense that not every shop should be open at night. We all need to rest right? Including NPC's. Plus there are some shops that are open all the time.

I don't seen the need.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

sarahjc, what he means is that it is appropriate for some shops to be open at night...but not at day.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Some shops have odd hours, like not opening till noon.  I can think of one shop thats definitely only open from dusk till dawn.  But since Zalathas is primarily a daytime economy (probably because you can't see at night, especially in a sand storm) most shops if they're going to be closed should be closed at night.  I'm guessing on the daytime economy thing from anecdotal evidence here, seems like the way it is, possibly not the way it should be.

If you find a shop that you think should be open evening hours instead of the normal day hours, type the 'idea' command while in that room.

Something like: Idea I think this room should be open at night.

That gives us the room number your in.
Or better yet, idea the shopkeeper...

like 'idea (shopkeeper keyword) This guy should be open'.

That helps us quickly figure out who and what it is.

Quote from: "spawnloser"sarahjc, what he means is that it is appropriate for some shops to be open at night...but not at day.

Ahh.. Yes, I see..

But still I would have to agree mainly becuase of the reasons that Spyguy has given. Seems with the harsh climate at night, daytime shopping hours would be prove to be a better time to do business.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Shady shops and shady deals.  Some merchandise and transactions better never to see the light of day....

Sounds like Zalanthas to me.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I can say with some degree of certainty that not every shopkeeper (there are tons of them) was looked at, considered via their positioning and city, and then decided when their hours would be. So that's why I said if you feel someone should be open that isn't, idea it.

- - Eh... while I do love the idea of a shady store being open only at night, you do realize Zalanthas only has 3 hours of actual darkness, right?  Also, there aren't a lot of places where a store would need to be only open at night.  You're either selling things in a place where law enforcement can kill you at a whim or where it isn't enforced at all.  As a huge fan of PC crime, please understand I'd love to see a way a criminal store that only opened at night could work.  Maybe the backroom of a legit business?
i]The Unholy Immortal of Red Storm,
The Merciless Co-Immortal of House Kurac,
The Tyrannical Developer of Skill_Wagonmaking,[/i]
Gesht

So, maybe some of the less reputable shops would be open from the start of  "early afternoon" through the end of "before dawn" and then close at "dawn?"

That way the shady characters would get a more shadowy feel during their shopping sprees, no?