Minor addition to hide

Started by JollyGreenGiant, March 25, 2004, 11:24:52 PM

It'd be neat if you could do the following:

> hide (in a clump of tall grasses)

Producing the text (to you):

You attempt to hide yourself in a clump of tall grasses.

Anyone that can see you then sees:

A strange shadow is here, in a clump of tall grasses.

It's nothing too interesting, but I just wanted to share the idea.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I dig it. It makes it more fun if someone scans or notices you because you failed.

You can change your ldesc while you're hidden if I recall correctly.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Last time I tested that, it broke hide status if you changed your ldesc.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I have tested it.  It does not.

It does not break your hide status, but becoming un-hidden does and myself, when I've detected a hidden person I've never seen any ldesc, pretty sure JGG is talking about it being linked with the hidden desc.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "Zhaira"Carnage is correct.

So what else is new?
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I -believe- that:

if you attempt to hide and then set a new ldesc ("is hunkered down amidst the rubble"), if you fail your hide skill check the ldesc is visible.  If you succeed with your hide check, but then break your hide status in some way that doesn't reset your ldesc, i.e. doing an EQ instead of standing or sitting, your modified ldesc is visible. Resetting your ldesc does not break your hide status.

If someone "scans" you out from your succesful hide, however, the scanning dude with always just see "*blah blah* is here," without any modified ldesc attached.

But I would love to be corrected.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

To really find this out it would take some twinking with the code. (ooc correspondence) or a direct Imm's input.

I was of the beleif that change ldesc broke hide though.  And being that the point of typing hide is to be hidden...I wouldnt reset the ldesc.
Veteran Newbie

On numerous occasions I have changed my ldesc while hidden, describing my position as I would spy on someone or another. I know it didn't break my hide status, and I am fairly certain it shows up as:

Someone is shadow-cast in the corner here.

Or,

Someone is behind the curtains here.

Since people have done looks that made mention of looking to the corner or at the curtains when looking at me. Just as others were surprised that I was in the room and started looking around, like they couldn't see me, so I would have to break hide.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: "Zhaira"I have tested it.  It does not.

Someone is here, changing their ldesc.

Someone flies away on a soaring cloud.

emote boggles, shaking his head as he moves past.

I wonder if any imms have ever been stumbled in on while testing.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Yes
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job