Uhm I died?

Started by drumgor, February 26, 2004, 06:40:06 PM

I'm a new player in Armageddon and I know you've probably seen several messages saying "blah blah my character died due to this or that and I want him back" or something like that and you're tired of it, but I think my case is different. My character died while I was not playing him. In fact nobody did, I believe. I logged off while sleeping in the starting point's sleeping area and then suddenly when I tried to log in to play today he was dead. In fact as far as I know it's impossible to permadie in the first 20 or so hours but I had only played for like 1 hour just familiarizing myself around Armageddon, the city of Allanak and the surrounding area. I wasn't attacked or anything. I don't think I did anything wrong. I doudt I went OOC or made it look like I did.
Well I didn't advance my character's skills any so it's no big deal. But if possible can I use the same description for my next character if he is not restorable or you wouldn't want to restore him? Well I didn't know where exactly to post this or even if I should post it at all, so I'll post it here and leave the mods delete or move this;/

You can't log out while your sleeping.

I take it you just disconnect from it and someone killed you off.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Gah, yeap I did disconnect. Well I'm a MUD n00b. If I disconnect my character just stays there forever?

I think your answer is in the line where you said "logged off while sleeping"

You can't quit out while sleeping, you must be standing in order to do so.

If what you did was type sleep then closed the window, then your character was still logged into the game.  In order to quit out you must be in a valid quit location (quit test will tell you if you are or not) and you must use the quit command, and as always, it's a good idea to press x at the menu screen to completly disconnect.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

If you want to PM the character and account name to me, I can take a look in the runlog and see what I can find.

Ok my mistake then. Thanks for the quick answers guys.

Quote from: "drumgor"If I disconnect my character just stays there forever?
If you disconnect your client without quitting out, it will stay there until the next crash. Also, the rules do say that if you go link-dead (cause you didn't quit properly or your net connection died) then anything that happens to you (theft, death), you have to deal with.

But having said that, players are encouraged not to target link-dead people ;)

Welcome to ArmageddonMUD! :D

psst....(although I hope somethign works out for the newb in quesiton here, thats a real bitch...)   you should post a really good description of the killer on the rumor board, as witnessed by a vnpc.
Veteran Newbie

I'm with Dracul...from what I've been hearing this has been happening alot lately.
People killing newbies in the sleeping area of one of the southern taverns.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Oftentimes I like to scam a newbie with my char (and feel mildly guilty about it oocly) and try to introduce them to the game a little...

But of course, everything ICly always. I won't feel too guilty if someone just comes at my character wrongly...
Veteran Newbie