prompt idea

Started by Tamarin, January 30, 2004, 12:44:42 PM

This came to me while reading the "should you die if your hps drop below a certain %" thread on another board.

What about adding an option to the prompt command, so that you can view your hps/stamina/stun/mana in terms of % of your total, instead of their point value?  I think that would be cool...useful...and not all that hard to code.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "uberjazz"This came to me while reading the "should you die if your hps drop below a certain %" thread on another board.

What about adding an option to the prompt command, so that you can view your hps/stamina/stun/mana in terms of % of your total, instead of their point value?  I think that would be cool...useful...and not all that hard to code.

Can't this be done with a client?

Anyways, I don't quite understand the point.  If my max HPs is 88, I can figure out what 50% of my HPs are with just a few calculations, a call to a friend who is a mathemetician and having my wife use her calculator.  If I really need to, I can bust out the abacus.

A client...hmm....probably.  I wish zmud was free.

This can be done with most clients as far as I know.

Also, you don't need to recalculate all this stuff every time you get into combat. 50% of 88 is going to be 44 every single time.

So if you want to drop out of the sparring match when you get to 50% of your HPs, just learn what 50% of it is - and every time you hit that number, you flee. You only have to learn that number once.

I know that when I get down lower than 70 hps, it's time to bow out. I know when my stun points go below 50, it's time to break contact with the way. I know when my stamina hits 70, it's time to rest. I don't need to see the percentages, because I already know what the value of those percentages is.

Edited to add for Uberjazz: Zmud IS free. You can download a legacy version (that means an old one) for free, no charge ever. You just can't upgrade it without having to register and download the newer version. But the old one comes with all the bells and whistles you need for triggers like that. In fact, the one I have now, the one I paid for when it was new, is the current legacy version that won't cost you a cent.

What version is that?  What's the buffer like?

Quote from: "CRW"Can't this be done with a client?
Do you know how to do it in MUSHClient? I'd like it more to see 10% then 22/121HP :) But I agree. Asking the staff to code this would be a waste ;)

SIDENOTE: Is it possible to put your hunger status in the prompt via MUSHclient?