wear_lap

Started by My 2 sids, January 22, 2004, 11:04:18 AM

I've been looking at all the nice work being done with clothing and I think it's too bad that so often everyone's wonderful outfits are covered up by their outerwear (cloaks, dusters, abas, etc).  One of the reasons I don't remove my outerwear inside is because it puts it into my inventory which means even if I'm Role-playing that I'm sitting on it, it will still be stolen.  So I'm wondering if we can add another wear location to outerwear, one's lap.  This way people can "safely" remove their outter garments when inside.  "draped over lap     a dark shawl" for example.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Just as an FYI - We staff have set most clothes and many items as hold-able.  If you're concerned about theft, this is a coded way to help deter that.

If you come across an item you think should be able to be held, feel free to typo or idea it.  

Ashyom

HEY!  This would be the perfect wear location when you are sitting in a tavern with your baby object!!!!

*prods*

Seriously, I think Ashyom's suggestion of holding it would be a good way to do it, otherwise I'm not sure how easy of a coding job it would be to make a wear-location only available when you are sitting, or resting.  Otherwise you'll end up with people wearing things on their lap all the time, if only because they forget.

There's a solution to that, CRW. Add a check to the "stand" command for things worn in the lap, and echo: "As you stand, the black cloak falls from your lap and wraps around your ankles". Then, if they try to leave the room, echo, "The cloak around your ankles trips you up!" and change them to resting again, as with the drunk code.

I think this would be an excellent addition to the game.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

I really don't see any big point to this addition to the game.  I ask myself would it make the game better?

Holding an object and rping having it in your lap is really fine.  If an object is too big to hold, it's probably too big to go in your lap.  Also, is your lap thief proof? I don't know that it is.  I can think of situations anyway where something could be lifted from there.  And on top of that, if you were to argue you hand your hand on it, in your lap you may as well be holding it.

Hmm. Sounds for me like wearing the shorts over the pants... :wink:

But personally I think if somebody should see my clothing and the other stuff, he should remove the cloak or whatever. He should see all or nothing.

Or just use "CHANGE LDESC <descirption>" to show your clothing.

>change ldesc , wearing ~shirt and ~pants, sits at the bar.

Should work...
or not?  :?
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

[100HP/150MV/100stun/Walking] look muscular

A muscular hulk of a man, muscles rippling with sweat making it look like his darkly perfectly tanned skin is wet, his hair is short and fuzzy. He gives off the air of badness, his eyes are cold blue, and you feel the need to back off, and say "Woha dude, i didn't mean anything by it, i'll go cry in a corner now." he has no scars, his skin is perfect and so is his V shaped torso.

A muscular brawny man is wearing.
<worn on face> a pair of reflective sun-glasses
<worn around neck> a fine, silk black tie
<worn on arms> a tattoo with the words "Mom" under a heart
<worn on torso> a fine, white linen long-sleeved shirt
<worn around body> a fine, black supple leather coat
<worn on lap> a sexy little f-me bar-hopper.
<worn on legs> a pair of fine black linen trousers
<worn on feet> a pair of supple, black leather shoes

A muscular brawny man slaps a sexy little f-me bar-hopper on the bum.

Heh i'll support this so long as the admin code sexy little numbers as objects so we can put them in our laps :evil:
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Sorry Lasaker, ~something doesn't work in change ldesc.

EDIT: I would just like to say that I don't think this would contribute very much to the game. This would be way too much work, adding the lap wearable location, and then giving -every- item out there the lap_flag. It would be too much work and without very much gain at all. Im against.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.