Author Topic: Do you ever  (Read 2103 times)

Do you ever
« on: January 17, 2004, 03:16:00 AM »
Do you ever believe your own emote and forget to use the coded action.

Like you emote standing from your stool. Then woops you are still sitting when you try and leave.

I know sometimes I do this with objects. I know I picked up that sword. Oh I just emoted it and expected it to be in my inventory.

Tamarin

Do you ever
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 03:32:10 AM »
Yes.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

spawnloser

Do you ever
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 04:32:56 AM »
Yeah...it gets funnier when you emote giving something to someone and then they're sitting there waiting for the object for a while.
Quote from: Malifaxis
We need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiteration
spawnloser knows all

Quote from: Spoon
A magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

SykotikGith

Do you ever
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 06:22:25 AM »
Yep...Sadly, this happens to me more often than I like to admit...
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz
"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Delirium

• Helper
Do you ever
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 06:40:53 AM »
It happens sometimes.

Though, as a general rule, I try not to emote what I'm just going to repeat as a coded action.

In other words, I stay away from:

>emo stands up from ~table and stretches her arms lazily.
>stand

But I will do:

>emo stretches her arms lazily, then scoots her chair back.
>stand
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

sarahjc

Do you ever
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 08:06:11 AM »
All the time...

emote standing, emote talking to someone on the way out, emote actually leaving.. then

Stand
Leave

Do it all the time...
Quote from: jmordetsky
Sarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant
"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Seeker

Do you ever
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 08:47:26 AM »
All the freakin' time.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Ayashah

Do you ever
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 11:17:13 AM »
Quote from: "spawnloser"
Yeah...it gets funnier when you emote giving something to someone and then they're sitting there waiting for the object for a while.

LOL

That happened to me a few weeks back. Someone emoted the bartender giving me a drink. Then didnt GIVE it to me. So we sat there chatting and I emoted drinking a drink.  *giggles*  I didnt feel it was necessary to drop to ooc over such.  Eventually, a good 5 or more minutes later :

The drink-keeping man hands you your drink.

*grins*
 staff member sends:
     "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

Cuusardo

Do you ever
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 01:05:12 PM »
Emoting standing up and traipsing over to a sparring area, and forgetting to actually type "stand" has made for some amusing situations.
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

The7DeadlyVenomz

Do you ever
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 01:10:11 PM »
Quote from: "Delirium"
Though, as a general rule, I try not to emote what I'm just going to repeat as a coded action.

Great minds think alike.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hidden Magicker

Do you ever
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 01:26:44 PM »
Try emoting making a magickal...thing in the room with you go away but forgetting to do the actual command to make it go away.  Then 2 minutes later leading a bunch of people into that room, most of whom didn't know you were a magicker.  Even doing a think along the lines of 'thank goodness I cleared out the room' before you got there.

crymerci

Do you ever
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »
Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Emoting standing up and traipsing over to a sparring area, and forgetting to actually type "stand" has made for some amusing situations.

Emoting tugging on my helmet and taking my sparring weapons in hand, and forgetting to actually type 'wear helmet' or 'ep weapon;es otherweapon' has caused me more than a few ass-kickings.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.