Die look echo, die!

Started by Quirk, January 12, 2004, 08:45:59 AM

Add a glance command?  Gives less information than look, leaves out the mdesc, doesn't echo.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I personally don't see the problem here, and why people get so uptight about someone looking at someone else. It isn't like its to the point where you have to scroll back a whole page becuase someone walked into the bar. It also isn't like everyone in the tavern is turning and looking at whoever just stepped in, 1% of the people there did if every pc in the room looks. Don't forget about all the vnpc and npc, just roll with the punches.

Sidenote is that I like Venoms Idea of a toggle.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I say leave the look echo in.  Unless the staff wants to go through a major recoding effort just to stop you all from being annoyed, of course.  I say leave it the way it is.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"I say leave the look echo in.  Unless the staff wants to go through a major recoding effort just to stop you all from being annoyed, of course.  I say leave it the way it is.

I dont think this would take major effort at all.

Like commenting out showtoroom(msg) pretty much.

Meh, I still think it's a stupid fix for everyone being annoyed...the problem would be having to come up with a way for people to notice it, because you should be able to notice it sometimes...and that would be a coding effort.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think it is dumb to worry about all around, you don't like the look echo, either ignore it or have your client parse it out. There, problem solved.

Then I can use consider on ya all I want :twisted:
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job