Jewler tool

Started by Deathtakeusall, January 05, 2004, 10:52:32 PM

i am a jewler and would like to know what kind of tools a zalanthian
jewler would use whether it be crafting feathers or what
Go ahead take it what harm could it do"

I haven't played jewlers much, but if you are working with rocks and stuff. Chisels and some other things of that sort help. You can tell what a tool can do by using the asses command. Also, if you use the "view" command in shops, that sometimes gives you a desc. like: This item would work well with rocks. Something like that, most the time you just have to buy the tool and see.
Hope that helps.
uppers.

Is there any way to see for which skill I use which tool?
Or depends it always on the material?
I mean some tools are very clear (stone chisel, hide-scraper) but some of these tools are very strange to me.
Or must I find it out ICly? Have no problem with it.

Only one thing more. The fixed grills. Do I just 'craft' the meat in the room with the grill (it always burns...)? Or must I use the grill with a special command to have a better chance to cook the meat?
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

If you cook enough... just keep cooking. and you'll find out IC
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

It depends on the item you use the "asses" command on. Some of them say for the skills, and some say for certain kinds of crafting abilities. Such as drilling holes. Or is that a skill? I don't think it is.
uppers.

Hey thanks!
The ASSESS command is very helpful!
Was new to me... :oops:
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

You can use assess on items?  That'll teach me to read the helpfiles closer.  :)

Yah,
The item has to be in your inventory though. It is quite useful, especial when you are a merchant.
uppers.