Room Echoes Fighting Pits/Arena

Started by creeper386, August 31, 2024, 07:58:10 PM

Is there a possibility of looking into how this code works and tweaking it to reduce duplicates? When people shout fighting pits or other locations or really anything that happens in the arena, to me the duplicate spam makes it nearly impossible to tell what is happening.

The arena events it honestly was so overwhelming I could not follow anything that was happening. And even when things are happening in similar areas, stages and fighting pits and such, the extra scroll is really rough. Especially if it is a high population event.

It would be nice if any action just displayed once. I'm not sure the solution to movement in the arena, because that is two seperate echoes for leaving and entering a room.
21sters Unite!

You know what would be cool for fighting pits? If you only saw the combat echoes if you were watching the pit. Using the watch command. I would love that. I want to be able to ignore combat in a fighting pit if I want to.

And yeah if the code could check whether the shout command is being used and only transmit that once, that'd be swell. Otherwise it's just continually reminding PCs that they don't have to shout to be heard.

I'm not sure what could be done to improve the Arena experience. I think not all of the rooms in the Arena floor may be coded the same right now because there seems to be some oddities where sometimes a "say" can be heard, but other times not. Also emoting from the Arena floor seems weird.

A thing that players can do with the Arena is not all sit in the same part of the stands. There's quite a few rooms to the stands.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I definitely agree on the double shoots.

Also would be nice to maybe not see hits and maybe the occasional miss. Not sure how feasible something like that would be.
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life