Human Tribal Family Rolecall: doti fatire

Started by Lotion, August 21, 2024, 02:14:53 PM

August 21, 2024, 02:14:53 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 04:51:23 PM by Lotion
The doti fatire is inspired by the video game The Outer Wilds. In that game the other Hearthian travelers all have instruments. They sit and play them and even from very far away the player can feel very close to their fellow Hearthians because the signalscope when pointed at a fellow Hearthian traveler will cause their instrument to be heard. It is possible to line two or more signals up and hear them both at once. This tribe is meant to encapsulate the feeling of closeness through music over any distance that can be felt in the video game The Outer Wilds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po7oi42nHyo&t=46s

I'm looking for three other players who are interested in:
  • musical roleplay
  • incorporating parts of a constructed language into their roleplay
  • playing nonmagical characters
  • spending a vast majority of our time outside of settlements
  • their character owning a musical instrument which is their greatest personal treasure

Some excerpts from the tribal documentation I've written (there is a google drive document that is 10 pages long, although a lot of it is whitepace because I like to use page breaks)
QuoteThe doti fatire have a strong reverence for the bonds humans can create through music. The "Great Symphony" or as they call it the mifare dofati is the collective sound of every instrument being played by a member of the doti fatire all across the known.

QuoteAs a part of coming of age each member of this tribe dedicates themselves to an instrument. Before then they often dance in the presence of many members of the tribe playing their instruments together to get a feeling for each instrument and the types of personality they represent. A person chooses an instrument because of who they are and not because of who they want to be.

If you are interested in playing a character in the doti fatire please send me a private message on the GDB. Include anything you think you should.

Nice, I saw the write up you did before I went inactive, and it looked really cool and fun. I imagine people will be #blessed to play a role in this family!!

If you're in between roles and looking to start up something very RP centric and aren't sure what you want your next role to be (decision paralysis), you should give this a shot.

I played a family rolecall several years ago in 'The Brightlings' that nauta wrote up, and it was one of my favorite experiences in ArmageddonMUD and one I look back on fondly. You get to explore in real time the tribal traditions of a new, unfamiliar tribe that isn't based on Staff-led documentation. It's a really, really fun experience, and Lotion is an excellent player.

You can't go wrong!
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Can heartily endorse this role call.

Lotion played a family member in a player tribe that I started and was instrumental (no pun intended) in helping to develop lore, language, mannerisms, etc. Fun player to be around and I think this is a super opportunity for those looking. Nomadic family is one of the best ways to do Arm.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Would highly recommend this if you are looking for some human tribal play, lovely concept and I can't wait to see it in game. :)