Regular gatherings at the Shady Oasis

Started by Caitrin, July 22, 2024, 04:30:06 PM

This thread will be for announcing regular gatherings at the Oasis each RL week. These are not RPTs, they are intended to just be times when you as a player know that something you might enjoy will be happening and you can show up if you want. If your PC is familiar with the Oasis then they probably already know who to talk to in order to get more information in game about any of these gatherings!

Week of July 22 through 28:
  • Tues 7/23 7 pm Eastern / 4 pm Pacific - a group lesson in languages and/or drawing. See rumor board in game for conctact info.
  • Weds 7/24 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - songs and other bard shit.
  • Fri 7/25 7 pm Eastern / 4 pm Pacific - drunken darts!
All Zalanthas is a stage,
And all the characters but maskéd players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And this player in her time plays many parts...

An addition to this week's schedule:
  • Today, Thurs 7/25 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - Group lesson in drawing! You know who to contact about this.
Tomorrow Fri 7/26 is still DRUNKEN DARTS! BYOB or purchase at the tavern.

Week of July 29 through August 4:
  • Mon 7/29 - 7 pm Eastern / 4 pm Pacific -  Bard shit. Your favorite bard (because it's the only one you know) does songs and stories on request. OR maybe we'll do a rhyme-off?? Beat the bard at the word game and you get a drink? FOIC!
  • Tues 7/30 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - Wildcard night! Something will happen. Will it be something fun? Again, FOIC!
  • Weds 7/31 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - DRUNKEN DARTS. Come put an eye out. Gen Xers this is for you, remember lawn darts? BUT BETTER.
  • Fri 8/2 - 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - Card games! Gamble your measly pay away. Then drink away what you didn't gamble. You'll be drunk, broke, but happy by the end of the night.

Drunken darts tonight has been pushed back an hour due to IC events.

Week of August 5 through August 11:
  • Tues 8/6 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific -  Bard shit. I promise it will be less-execrable shit than last week. Oof.
  • Weds 8/7 - 7 pm Eastern / 4 pm Pacific - CARDS! You love cards. I love cards! Come give me your measly pay in return for fun.
  • Thurs 8/8 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - DRUNKEN DARTS. Yes, you buy your own drinks, you peasant. Will it be cancelled this time due to IC events?? FOIC!
  • Fri 8/9 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - IT IS THE TOR-NAMENT! Check this thread for details: https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60819.0.html

Week of August 12 through August 18:
  • Tues 8/13 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - DRUNKEN DARTS. Is this an obvious ploy to get you to spend your PC's hard-earned/ill-gotten coins on booze? Obvious ploy is obvious! Come anyway because it's fun!
  • Weds 8/14 - 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - Drawing lessons, and then bard shit! If you show up late for the lesson you'll be forced to sing a song.
  • Fri 7/16 - 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - DRUNKEN BRAWLING IN THE PIT. It's part drinking game, part taking out your PC's raw frustration and/or idiocy on other PCs! Yes this is again an obvious ploy to get you to purchase alcohol, it's a tavern, folks!
  • Sat 8/17 - 6 pm Eastern / 3 pm Pacific - Card games! Or dice! Or jozhal-tossing! (BYO jozhal)

Changes to Week of August 12 through August 18:
  • Sun 8/18 - 4 pm Eastern / 1 pm Pacific - THIS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM SATURDAY because it turns out I have a little bit of a life. When I get back to no-lifing it with all of you, we'll do card games! Or dice! Or just sit at the bar and stare at each other in silence!

Coming next week:

Three in game hours of silence at the Oasis, while we all update our bio entries!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Week of August 19 through 25:
  • Weds 8/21 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - card games? drunken darts? I dunno, we'll do whatever if you show up.
  • Thurs 8/22 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - songs? cheese-eating competition? again, let's do whatever, I'm tired y'all.
  • Fri 8/23 immediately after the gladiator games https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60873.0.html - GLADIATOR GAMES AFTER PARTY! Maybe the gladiators will visit again?? Come slaver at their feet and/or mourn the death of your fave!

Tonight's thingy is cancelled because other obligations have come up. Tomorrow's thingy is still on though!

Week of August 26 through Sept 1:
  • Mon 8/26 - 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific -  DARTS TOURNAMENT QUALIFIER. Darts tournament?! You'll need a partner. Then tell the proprietor that you want to play. Then you and your partner will be scored on a round.
  • Weds 8/28 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - Kruth readings by a real-deal Kruth reader! Free to you, though if you feel the reading is helpful, tips are encouraged.
  • Fri 8/30 - 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - Cards! Come play Alley Sixers. If you win even a little bit, you'll be tempted to boast about being the champion! But watch out, because the house alllllllllways wins in the end.
  • Sat 8/31 - 5 pm Eastern / 2 pm Pacific -  DARTS TOURNAMENT QUALIFIER. See above, because I know you can actually read, peasant.

There's now a rumor board post in game that explains a little about the darts tournament. Read it and then talk to the correct person in game. Yes, you know who I mean, ***stop pretending***.

Alas, I am belated!

Week of Sept 2 through Sept 8:
  • Thurs 9/5 - 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - DARTS TOURNAMENT STUFF. Yes this is still happening and guess what?? THE PRIZE POT IS A LOT BIGGER NOW, find out IC and whatnot.
Everything else will be catch me as you can.

Week of Sept 9 through 15:
  • Mon 9/9 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - DARTS SECOND ROUND! For the tournament. If your team hasn't played the second round yet, please come do it.
  • Tues 9/10 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific - AGAIN WITH THE DARTS! Still the second round.
  • Fri 9/13 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific - A PARTY ON FRIDAY THE 13TH! With free booze! A bardic performance! Probably laughter! Maybe some blood! (There's no plans for blood but it's Armageddon, just being real about the possibility.) FOIC what the reason for the party is.