Staff Calls (mostly) Always Open

Started by Halaster, June 30, 2024, 11:10:00 AM

June 30, 2024, 11:10:00 AM Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 11:45:41 AM by Eurynomos
We have made the decision to leave the Staffing Call open all of the time.  You may now apply to staff at any time, there is no need to wait for a staffing call.

We're doing this for two main reasons:

1. Staff can temporarily step down and play a character for a little while, and then return to staff when they're done.  Since this will lead to a more fluid situation with staff, it makes sense to always accept applications.

2. Our relaunch exceeded our expectations and we've found that people are really enjoying just playing a character.  But when their character dies/stores/wins, they then may be ready to apply for staff.

If we find ourselves with "too many" staff, we may temporarily close this, but the default is to remain open.

If you have a passion for the game and a desire to work with the players, answering reports, guiding plotlines, steering clans, and generally causing mayhem, and wish to join staff, then please do the following:

1.  Read this in its entirety:  https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,59565.0.html
2.  Submit a request via the request tool under 'Staff Application', please answer the questions contained within the request form.

Please keep in mind that staff will not be able to play PCs while staffing, however we have a staff rotation policy in place if and when folks do want to play.

https://tenor.com/view/aliens-newt-mostly-gif-25791528
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Don't forget, this is always open (hint).

Reminder that this is open.  We need staff.  Due to normal RL stuff we've lost more staff than gained since Seasons opened.  We have a certain set of things we'd like to accomplish, and a certain amount of clans we'd like to keep open.  But we're currently below enough staff to make those continue to happen.  If I'm totally open, we're back in the same situation we were in pre-Seasons when we didn't have enough staff to run the game.  So if you've ever been curious and wanted to staff, now is a really great time to apply!