Magick suggestion

Started by Pariah, May 22, 2024, 02:57:22 AM

One thing that always bugged me is say I'm playing a mage and I eat a baby, then I cast two or three times and have to log off.  I come back to the game, have to wait however long to cast magick again because magick regen isn't done over logout.

If I get shitfaced drunk, I come back to "You're sober now." or whatever it says, same with spice.  Why doesn't mana regenerate over log outs but all these other status effects do?

I think it would be a huge QoL add if they made mana regen over logout.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

This would stimulate logging out to regen mana, instead of being online and roleplaying while waiting for such, I don't think we want this ;)

Spice doesn't tick down while logged out, neither does your HP/MV regen.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I mean I wouldn't want it to be super fast, so homie logs out, goes plays a round of call of duty then comes back and his mana is full.  But if I log out for the night come back eight hours later and my shit is still 2/108, that sucks.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Stamina regen, stun, focus, even mount stamina...

This is not a good idea.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I wouldn't mind seeing at least a "gennable bump" after more than 4 hours of being logged out or linkdead. On ALL of those effects. Movement, stun, HP, mana, focus, spice, poison.  If your natural max HP is 100, and you were down to 25, that's the point where you have to "sleep" in order to regen. Once you hit something like 55 (?) it'll start going up even if you're awake. So maybe something like that could be added to the system.

If you log out at a low [whatever] and it's low enough that it won't regen naturally without jumping through hoops, then logging back in after 4 hours being logged out/linkdead, will bring you above that threshhold.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

On this note, I think it'd be a cool idea to have Regen of all types when you log out. But only if you quit inside your "home". This being either a tribal camp that belongs to your clan, clan dorms or your own rented apartment. This'd be a cool way to encourage rp even when logging off and would give people another reason to rent apartments, which I think is always good.
I make up for the tiny in-game character limit by writing walls of text here.

I always thought of the mana regeneration as having the benefit that it encourages magickers to find something else to do, and not just log out when they're out of mana.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon