Recent Player Ban

Started by Usiku, December 12, 2023, 05:31:07 PM

This is absolutely not what I want to be doing or thinking about right now and I am sorry for those in our community who are just here to play the game. We have more important things to be focussing on right now. However.

Staff made an agreement earlier in the year that we weren't going to continue the decades old tradition of silence in the face of accusations towards staff within the community. This isn't something that has served past iterations of staff or the community well. We would rather approach these situations with transparency (or ideally they just wouldn't happen).

Whether you are aware or not, a member of our community was recently banned from the game. This was because they messaged one of our staff members to tell them that they were responsible for the suicide of another player. This is not something you say in self defense. This is something you say to try and injure another person and deliberately undermine their mental well-being. It is an unacceptable thing to say to another human being, end of. There was no other reason for the ban and it was not taken lightly.

I am having to write this because they have launched something of a campaign against the staff member in question and, in turn, staff. Rather than accept the gravity of their own actions and take responsibility for them, they would rather try to further damage our community and game. This is as far as we will entertain this obvious attempt at deflection and revenge, I won't be talking about it anymore. We are not equipped to be dealing with this kind of drama, on either side, nor do we want to be.

As she broke the staff contract, and in a way that allowed for this situation to happen, Katima will be removed from staff, but that does not mean that we in any way support the underhanded nature of what has occurred in the last 48 hours or the behaviour of those involved.