Quality of Life Code Additions.

Started by Pariah, November 23, 2023, 10:10:25 PM

I'm not sure why https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,56493.525.html won't let me post to it, maybe because it's from nearly two years ago.

Anyways, I was just thinking about this and here are my thoughts on QoL code additions that "Would be nice."

QuoteAdd an ALL or STACK function to ARRANGE:

So instead of arrange 1.thing blah, arrange 2.thing blah etc etc till you hit all twenty laying in the room, you could do something like arrange all.thing blah in one go.  Would save so much time organizing and personalizing your warehouses/apartments and shit.

QuoteHave a keyword added to organs from skinning tables, like say scrab and chalton guts.  Right now we can separate them with skin, then if you only want one piece, you gotta manually type drop thing, drop otherthing, drop otherotherthing.  It would be nice to put thingIWant bag then do drop all.organ and just drop the rest.  I'm all about typing economy.

QuoteHave items that you're wielding not be missed by code.  So example, I'm holding a shield, es shield for example.  If I forget and type hold shield or es shield it goes "You don't see one" (or whatever the response is) instead of, "You're already holding ~shield." like I feel it should.  Same with weapons, say you have a sword, and you do draw sword cause you forget you've already got it out.  It will go, "You don't have a sword." (or whatever the message is) would be nice if the code was smart enough to notice you're already wielding A SWORD.

That's all I got for now, will add more later.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

You can't post to it because it's a locked thread. It was started by Nessalin, because he wanted to learn what players felt about specific topics. Nessalin is no longer the code-guru here, and so obviously he won't be working on any of the suggestions. There are already plenty of "what I'd love to see" threads that are still open. And now, there's another one.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Some of those QOL things I handled clientside with aliases.

If you type 'lock door' and the door is open, it would be more useful if the game closed and locked the door, rather then threw shade.

I'm joking here kinda but still. I always thought it funny/mildly annoying.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Sit bar when you forget you're already sitting at the bar shouldn't make you stand up and sit down again, it should just say "You're already doing that."
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Having a way to flag individual helpfiles for reformatting.

Like Help Spice
In game the thing is a fucking WALL OF TEXT with no spacing or bolding or anything.

Quote from: Pariah on November 26, 2023, 03:02:45 PMHaving a way to flag individual helpfiles for reformatting.

Like Help Spice
In game the thing is a fucking WALL OF TEXT with no spacing or bolding or anything.

Typo this. Also @ me on discord I love fixing em.

I would LOVE if there was a setting to DING on psionic connection.

I know I'm guilty of sometimes tabbing out of the game to dick around and missing ways.

If you could set psionicding

And the You sense someone contact your mind (or whatever it says) DINGS my computer, I'd then know to tab back in.

November 27, 2023, 10:11:03 AM #8 Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 10:40:37 AM by Krath
It would be nice if you were wanted/enemy of the state, if the flag was visible even if you are not in the city
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on November 27, 2023, 10:11:03 AMIt would be nice if you were wanted/enemy of the state, if th3 flag was visible even if you are not in the city
100% yes.

Quote from: Krath on November 27, 2023, 10:11:03 AMIt would be nice if you were wanted/enemy of the state, if th3 flag was visible even if you are not in the city

To go along with this, it's a bit odd that a templar can't incriminate or pardon someone unless they are in the same room as them. If (blank) can open a (blank) to you by connecting to you via the way

Then templars should be able to connect to someone via the way and incriminate them as well. Same with Pardon. Did Lord Tor's favorite guildie get tossed into the slammer while he's handling Oash' dinner party? He no longer has to stop his long awaited social scene to let a doof out of jail!

Do you know for a fact who the stealthy is thats terrorizing your streets at night, but can't literally point at him because of code? Well now you can incriminate them (which wont do to much against this dude admittedly, but that's not the point)

I'm all for letting the dude know, for playability. It's kinda like they are laying low and a buddy tells them 'dude, the fuzz is looking for you.'
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Keep all this gold flowing guys! Loving the ideas here.

Quote from: Windstorm on November 27, 2023, 11:18:20 AMKeep the Allanaki gates open :P
Or do like Tuluk, something scary comes, they close the gates.

Though I'd tweak it to open them WAY faster, sometimes a gortok will chase someone to the gates and then you're locked outta Tuluk for what feels like an hour.