Do You Dare Sail the Sea?

Started by FantasyWriter, October 09, 2023, 09:21:24 AM

What is your experience with silk skimming (sailing on the silt sea on a skimmer)?

Are you crazy? Players actually do that? (i.e.: I have no experience on the sea)
I've done it once or twice.
I've done it a few times.
It's the sailor's life for me!
Self explanatory. I'm curious about how players think of the sea as a playable part of the game.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I always want to. But I never have 25,000 extra coins for a skimmer on a PC that I've trained to be a silt sailor for a few RL months that I'm also okay with dying randomly due to code issues that people talk about every time the silt sea is mentioned.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on October 09, 2023, 01:33:17 PMI always want to. But I never have 25,000 extra coins for a skimmer on a PC that I've trained to be a silt sailor for a few RL months that I'm also okay with dying randomly due to code issues that people talk about every time the silt sea is mentioned.

Cheap skimmers are like 3k.

make that throw away, learn pilot on your skimmer!

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on October 09, 2023, 01:33:17 PMI always want to. But I never have 25,000 extra coins for a skimmer on a PC that I've trained to be a silt sailor for a few RL months that I'm also okay with dying randomly due to code issues that people talk about every time the silt sea is mentioned.

Yeah, I have always largely felt like this.

And there's not really anything to draw me out there.

October 10, 2023, 03:51:59 AM #5 Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 04:35:12 AM by Inks
I absolutely adore the silt sea and need to resist the urge to make skimmer captains more often.

Love it though!

Even though it has its dangers and hazards it is also, in a way, one of the most relaxing places to be in the gameworld, I feel.

Quote from: Inks on October 10, 2023, 03:51:59 AMI absolutely adore the silt sea and need to resist the urge to make skimmer captains more often.

Love it though!

Even though it has its dangers and hazards it is also, in a way, one of the most relaxing places to be in the gameworld, I feel.

Dooooo it! Join the Captains now!
Veteran Newbie

Also remember the change was made so that if you're standing while the skimmer moves you just sit down.  You don't fall off and fucking die anymore. 

Also I think wildlife stopped knocking you into the next room to die smothered in silt. But don't quote me on that. Especially if you die.  :/

Quote from: Kaathe on October 10, 2023, 09:04:05 AMAlso I think wildlife stopped knocking you into the next room to die smothered in silt.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Kaathe on October 09, 2023, 01:40:34 PM

oh shit! idk why i thought they were 10x that. 3k is just two or three dead newbies corpses found in the wastelands.

back into "maybe one day" category.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on October 10, 2023, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: Kaathe on October 09, 2023, 01:40:34 PM

oh shit! idk why i thought they were 10x that. 3k is just two or three dead newbies corpses found in the wastelands.

back into "maybe one day" category.

They vary wildly in size/cost. Any more would be FOIC.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I've done it a few times as crew. I've never been the captain.

I'll likely do that one day.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I explored/mapped out most/all of the silt sea with apprentice pilot.

I give it a solid 'It was fun/10' though I wouldn't do it again.

Never, but I hope to be a part of a skimmer's crew one day.