Half-Giant Karma Requirement

Started by Pariah, April 17, 2023, 04:39:57 PM

Should HG's be moved to 3 Karma?

Yes
11 (21.6%)
No
27 (52.9%)
Have them be restricted to clans like D-elves.  ARM, BYN ETC.
13 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 50

April 18, 2023, 02:46:22 PM #25 Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:48:47 PM by Aruven
Quote from: Lotion on April 18, 2023, 04:56:15 AM
when i get my hg karma i'm going to day 0 etwo club no rp pk the entire gaj every day for a week straight while oocing ascii penises just so that some of the posts in this thread can have a grain of truth to them

https://media.tenor.com/me1Yk0jRlHoAAAAC/huh-confused.gif

Quote from: Riev on April 18, 2023, 12:16:32 PM
I honestly would want to see or hear of some hard evidence that people are playing them badly. I constantly hear how HG are bad. People play them poorly. That HG made a decision I didn't like. They're too strong and could kill me.

Frankly speaking, I hear it so often I'm almost agreeing with Lotion and want to make an HG that does all this shit so there's something to actually complain about. Are there HG's in the past that I didn't like? Of course. There's also humans. And Elves. And dwarves. Oh god the dwarves.

Like Mansa said, 3karma doesn't carry with it the ability to play a better HG. It doesn't help anyone, and the core of the idea (complicated things must be 3 karma) is a slippery slope. You play elves bad, make elves 3karma. You played a dwarf that had a rudimentary "best fighter in the Known focus"? Make dwarves 3 karma.

Maybe petition to make the help files more direct. Better examples in RP logs posted by staff.

Quote from: ShagGor on April 18, 2023, 08:27:49 AM
I personally interpret this to mean that half giants are, under normal circumstances, not aggressive. They would have a childlike innocence about them and have no reason to be unkind. However, if they were born in Red Storm (e.g) and their friends turn out to be a bunch of homicidal raiders, they would certainly adopt that attitude. It's just what everyone else does. They cannot discern right and wrong on their own.

Picking on ShagGor here, there should not be a time where a player is having to personally interpret a line in the documentation. It should be clear and concise. We shoudl discuss that, vs player-shaming for not playing what we personally interpret are good HGs.

Didn't seem like you were picking on me. :) The doc snippet shown in my post DID seem clear to me. I just don't want to assume it is the same for everyone. You are right saying it should be clear and concise. Perhaps not always an easy task.

A quick response. I think some folks have in their head how a half-giant should be played, and when they don't experience that perfectly ic, they get ..like this. I have played with quite a few hg's, and while -I- didn't think they were completely on, they weren't completely off. Most truthfully those I have experienced, are played well. I've seen one or two examples in all the years, of just really poor play or understanding.. One of my first ones might have been one of those. But I have to throw out some love to the ones I've been able to interact with, and I hope others feel the same about mine played.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean