'Operation Cartman' Phased In!

Started by Hestia, February 10, 2023, 09:35:53 PM

February 10, 2023, 09:35:53 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 09:38:22 PM by Hestia
A collaborative effort among staff has culminated in the first phases of Operation Cartman.

No, not that cartman.  This cartman:

Things to know about the carts and the project:

Carts still don't save on game reset. So unfortunately - you'll need to actually "rent" your cart with a cart-man in order to be assured of still having it from one reset to another.

The city wagonyard in Allanak has a cart-man - woman, actually. She wasn't working efficiently. She is now.

You must UNHARNESS the mounts from the cart, and "rent" the cart. You'll get a ticket. "Offer ticket [cart-man]" to get your cart back.  You must ALSO stable the mounts, just like you do with any other mounts.

The city wagonyard now has a stable for the nobility, so they don't have to walk all the way past the Gaj just to stable their cart mounts (or any other mount).  The price for stabling a mount in THAT stableyard, for anyone else, is not a typo. The rabble have two stables they can stable their mounts in. This one is for the silks.

I am also placing new NPC cartmen in Allanak noble estates; eventually each of the 9 will have a wagonyard and a cartman. One of these cartmen has been completed and is enjoying his job in one of the noble estates.

Reason this is all happening in Allanak: Because I'm a Team South staffer.  This is by no means the end of the road for the cartman project, merely the starting point.

If anyone encounters bugs with any of this please submit a bug request via the request tool.

Thanks, and cheers!
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
but Hestia is right

February 11, 2023, 09:19:21 PM #1 Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:31:55 AM by Oleupata
Just a heads up:

There are already existing "cartman" npcs in public areas of Red Storm, Morin's, Nak, Luir's, and Tuluk and they all should be operating correctly now.  Syntax is the same as with mounts:

rent cart homms

offer ticket homms

and you must have the correct amount of loose coin in your inventory.  If you don't have enough, or have the wrong ticket, the NPC will let you know.

Anyone who encounters a bug with this please bugrep the NPC. New players who might not know the syntax:
bug elderly Cartman said it's 40 sids to get the cart out but took 103 when I offered the ticket.

Keep it simple - if the bug is more involved than just a line or two max, submit a request.

Thanks!

Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
I'll be quoted
but Hestia is right