Suggestion / Master Brew

Started by Pariah, January 31, 2023, 12:20:47 PM

January 31, 2023, 12:20:47 PM Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 12:25:55 PM by Pariah
I feel that Stalker and whatever the city utility class is should get brew to master.  When I did a quick little clickityclick on the webpage proper in classes, it seems like everyone tops out at a Advanced brew.

With how rare some materials are, it would be nice to have some class that can brew up to master to reduce the failures.

Whatchu guys think?

I only saw one subguild that gave it, and that seems like a waste of a subguild when you already get it to advanced in Stalker.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

In my game design idea, no classes get master poison or brew.  Perhaps low advanced at most.  I'd make poison max out from a subguild that doesn't get much else, and brew up to the same level as everyone else.  I'd make brew max out from a separate subguild that doesn't get much else, where they also get poison to the same degree as everyone else.

I'd make the joint mastery impossible.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on January 31, 2023, 12:25:25 PM
In my game design idea, no classes get master poison or brew.  Perhaps low advanced at most.  I'd make poison max out from a subguild that doesn't get much else, and brew up to the same level as everyone else.  I'd make brew max out from a separate subguild that doesn't get much else, where they also get poison to the same degree as everyone else.

I'd make the joint mastery impossible.

To a degree I agree. I think making it so subguildes were more about specializing in something rather than just being padding out your skills and making it so no core class gets anything to master would be a nice way to balance things and give things a niche. I don't particularly think the brew subclass should get 'not much else' though.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

stalkers are different in that they're the only class in the game that can gather all the ingredients as well as brew them, ontop of being decent enough at fighting/bows that they can use it on somebody. a pilferer/fence is very much reliant on having a supplier. if anything i kind of think stalkers getting advanced is a bit generous with that in mind. no other class in the game can gather, apply and use poisons the same way stalkers can.

Brew is mastered by heavy merchantile classes.  Stalker has master poisoning and advanced brew.  Fence has master brew and advanced poisoning.

This skill dynamic has been explained before, when the new classes went live.  For most skills, they are either "combat", "crafting" or "survival".  So associated classes get the max on these, with falloff in max the further away one gets from this starting point.

I special app'd for a character that had master brew and master poisoning.

I made it pretty obvious what I could do for people.

I want you to understand... NOBODY actually came to me for poisons. Or cures. And I mean -nobody-. I offered full kits of cures and they were "too expensive".

The way the system is designed now... master brew + advanced poisoning is FINE. Its not a regular skill where anything less than Master may as well be trash. You'll be fine without your perfect vial of Bloodburn.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Brokkr on January 31, 2023, 01:15:11 PM
Brew is mastered by heavy merchantile classes.  Stalker has master poisoning and advanced brew.  Fence has master brew and advanced poisoning.

This skill dynamic has been explained before, when the new classes went live.  For most skills, they are either "combat", "crafting" or "survival".  So associated classes get the max on these, with falloff in max the further away one gets from this starting point.

Ahh, yeah I missed Brew on fence, I was looking at Artisan as "the" heavy merchantile class and didn't see it.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"