Shock, pain, unconsciousness

Started by MeTekillot, January 20, 2023, 11:03:47 PM

I think that we should adjust the unconsciousness system to give people a moment or a few to freak out right before they slip into unconsciousness from the pain or severity of their wounds. For instance;

If you get knocked below 0 hp or stun, you go down instantly. I think that you should stay up for 10 seconds to 1 minute -- depending on your endurance -- and receive messages illustrating the severity of your situation.

0 stun

The world is a smear of pain.

Your ears ring and your vision blurs, your senses totally overwhelmed with agony.

You feel your consciousness rapidly fading under the tide of pain you are in.

THEN you go unconscious, as the system does now.

I think it should be similar with being knocked below 0 hp.

You become horrifyingly aware of your mortality as blackness creeps toward the edges of your vision.

Your awareness gradually fades, and you have an unmistakeable feeling that death is enveloping you.

THEN you go into the system where you're mortally wounded.

My experience, and trust not recently forgotten, is unconscious, is dead.
If in any combative scenario.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

January 21, 2023, 03:01:17 AM #2 Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 03:19:04 AM by Inks
Sure...I'd be fine with 0 to -10 stun/hp giving you a 10 seconds to minute before falling unconcious like a slowed down old heramide effect. As long as quit ooc was disabled in that state. But not any amount below 0, there should be a cutoff for both which is -10. So potential +1 from me (conditions apply)

Not really a fan though as the main people this advantages is magickers with healing or travel magick. Would need to be unable to magick or bandage imo.

I'd rather it just be for stun and only to -10. A small stun nerf in general wouldn't hurt the game imo.

An easier way to code a nerf would be...just give every single PC/future pc +10 or even +20 stun.

January 21, 2023, 10:10:09 AM #3 Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:12:55 AM by najdorf
How would this prevent victim's allies rushing in to rescue, or gaining time? Especially for hit & run situations in the city, assassins should be swift, and get away immediately to have any career at all.
And does this perhaps indirectly give guarded characters a super bonus? If I'm striking at Lord Templar Diefast, what will I do after a well placed backstab, as soldiers rush in, butchering me while waiting for the xx seconds of buffer

Way I read it, they maintain awareness, but cannot otherwise do anything except watching their death in graphic glory

I dig how this could open the door to more death scenes beyond the BEEP or *your vision goes black* BEEP.
Veteran Newbie

I misread OP's post. 10-60 seconds immobile and helpless so you can watch own death scene? I am fine either way. Would cause an uptick in revenge pcs and the friends of pcs solving their murder I think.

Revenge PCs should be potentially highly punitive on players(as there could be exceptions). Seems so salty to me.

Revenge from friends? Sure! In a world where everyone is psionically linked...it's another thread to ramble about how everyone keeps so many secrets and you can't way someone unless their player is online at the same time you are online and how the rumor boards aren't all linked by rumor sharing commoners.

I would still love this even if there were limits on commands. I think it would dramatically reduce the dissatisfying deaths.

For one example you CANNOT deliver a descriptive scene with an arrow currently.
Veteran Newbie

I agree revenge pcs are incredibly lame. I meant this would cause more unsolvable murders suddenly being solved.