Change Hands Changes

Started by Fragmented, January 05, 2023, 07:59:02 PM

A few questions:

1) Were all weapons that defaulted to 2 handed when drawn intended to be two handed only or were/are there some that might default to 2 handed but are intended to also be ep wielded?

2) May I assume if there is a weapon that now becomes 2 hand only but is described in such a way that it could/should be one handed it can be flagged for review via bug?

3) Will half-giants/any other crazy strong race be exempted from this? It stands to reason that what would be a 2 handed maul for Joe the Human might be a 1 handed maul for a halfgiant.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from: Fragmented on January 05, 2023, 07:59:02 PM
A few questions:

1) Were all weapons that defaulted to 2 handed when drawn intended to be two handed only or were/are there some that might default to 2 handed but are intended to also be ep wielded?

Hard to say without seeing them all.  But probably so, yes.

2) May I assume if there is a weapon that now becomes 2 hand only but is described in such a way that it could/should be one handed it can be flagged for review via bug?

Yep!  If you see something that seems wrong, feel free to bug it/request about it.

3) Will half-giants/any other crazy strong race be exempted from this? It stands to reason that what would be a 2 handed maul for Joe the Human might be a 1 handed maul for a halfgiant.

Not currently.  It's a binary sort of flag situation, meaning if the flag is there, it's 2-h only, and doesn't (currently) differentiate between hg or not.  Half-giants do have their own 'version' of some weapons and they're bigger and do more damage.  I'll look into this a bit more.

"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

1) I've gone through all the weapons in the last month.  Most of the changes I did of this sort took weapons from being able to be EP/ES to ETWO only.  Because 7 cord long staffs and the like don't make sense.  I could have missed something for sure though.

2) Sure.  And vice versa.