Rumors - Southern

Started by Halaster, January 03, 2023, 11:09:52 PM

Allanak:

Increase activity seems to be happening among the templarate and soldiers are seen gearing up.  No one can really say what's going on or even IF something is going, it's just something "in the air" making everyone feel like "something is happening":  The heightened tension in the way the blue robes talk to soldiers, a bit harsher punishments handed out for petty crimes.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Allanak

A number of troops were seen leaving the city out of the east gate and heading north into the desert.  Estimates vary as to the numbers, but best guess is a couple hundred soldiers, multiple blue robes, and a scattering of gemmed were among the numbers.

The Southlands:

Word finally makes its way to all the corners of the south:  the current hostilities near Luir's are due to the discovery of an unknown-sized vein of metal in the ground.  Members of the Great Merchant Houses are working to extract it, while Allanak has moved forces north in an attempt to prevent the Tuluki barbarians from getting it.

Allanak

Troops return to the city from their camp near Luir's Outpost, and the templarate claims victory and brags about the spoils of war, without even draw a drop of blood.

Allanak

The village of New Menos has been overrun and captured by invaders made up of humans witches and muls, with a large number of gith allies.  Everyone waits with held breath to see what Allanak's response will be, but for now the village remains in hostile hands.

Allanak

A shadowy veil descended upon the land, cloaking the City of Allanak and extending its chilling grip far and wide. Suk-Krath's glow was nowhere to be seen, and an eerie drizzle fell from the darkened sky. Creatures birthed from the very essence of darkness prowled the streets, yet many met their end at the hands of valiant citizens. Panic and chaos spread like wildfire, with the Drovian temple facing the fury of a mob, as many pointed fingers at the gemmed for this unnerving event. Though the mob fell to a most gruesome beast of darkness that prevailed.

In case it wasn't clear, the rain was felt across the entire Known, and the entire world has been plunged into darkness, even in the middle of the day.  While the rain seems to have stopped, the darkness remains.

Southlands:

The disturbances that have been plaguing the use of the Unseen Way have mysteriously vanished. Speculation abounds regarding the cause of this sudden change—is it connected to the relentless kryl attacks that Tuluk endured in recent weeks, or is there another mystery behind this occurrence? Regardless, it seems that normalcy has been restored to the Way.

As curiously as it came, the darkness withdrew, taking with it any shadowed echoes that may have been imagined in the week long night. What remains of the sporadic rainfall are mere patches of moist soil, destined to be parched before you can even say, "What exactly is rain anyway?"