Suggestion - Mount FeedBags

Started by Pariah, December 20, 2022, 11:44:20 AM

So right now how it works is you get some food, and say you have ten things of food to feed your mount.

You have type feed thing mount
wait however long, then repeat ad nauseum.

I love that you can feed your mounts to extend their stamina and/or make them recover faster.

However, I find the delay, for lack of better words, annoying as the game seems to "tick" oddly.  I know it exists so you don't go. feed meat mount fifteen times in a row in two seconds, but I was wondering if there was a better and more themely way to do it.

What about having feedbags that you could pile meat/vegetables into and then put on your mount so it eats it slowly over time?  That way I could load up a few hunks of meat into it and put it on my homeboy mount and then go on about my business without having to hand feed the bastard every ig day.

Now I know there are some people who probably never feed their mount (silly silly people) but figured this would be a nice thing to add.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

A feed bag that allows you to fit 10 items and does a one time delay/feed emote would be neat
Just having fun.

rest ; forage food ; feed inix

repeat

not exciting?

Honestly...it's not that exciting, especially with the mounts where you have to push the button many times.

It's still newer code and I like it. Maybe one day it could be updated. I'd say low priority.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: Dracul on December 20, 2022, 12:50:33 PM
rest ; forage food ; feed inix

repeat

not exciting?

Honestly...it's not that exciting, especially with the mounts where you have to push the button many times.

It's still newer code and I like it. Maybe one day it could be updated. I'd say low priority.

100% it's low priority, just saying that because it's "not that exciting" I was just wondering if there was a way to make it more functional without subjecting myself to random tick timers every day.

I try to feed my mount each day I go out because you never know in this game when you'll need to beat feet or something interesting will happen, and to be saddled with an exhausted mount is the worst.  So the feed your mount to increase stamina regen sorta does two things.  It allows me a dump for meat on a hunter character that's themely, gotta feed the mount, plus the utility of the faster regen.

Only real downside is the dicking around waiting for it to eat.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Or, you can keep track of your mount's exhaustion level (assess -v Brutus). If he looks like he's getting tired, that's a good time to start looking for a place where he can rest.

Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

Quote from: Hestia on December 20, 2022, 04:41:05 PM
Or, you can keep track of your mount's exhaustion level (assess -v Brutus). If he looks like he's getting tired, that's a good time to start looking for a place where he can rest.

Hestia, why you being so, "Just use the code that already exists." Geez.

But yes, that's what we do, but I more meant that I love the benefits of feeding my mount, just not the process.

mount feed delay is pretty extreme, especially when if I feed almost any animal in real life I just drop it on the ground in front of them and let them go HAM on it.

Quote from: Brisket on December 20, 2022, 05:26:05 PM
mount feed delay is pretty extreme, especially when if I feed almost any animal in real life I just drop it on the ground in front of them and let them go HAM on it.
Yeah, I almost wish I could just Ask Mount eat meat/vegetable.

They even have ambient animations if you leave them standing where they go hunting out their own food here and there.  Why do I gotta hand feed the damn thing everytime lol