New prompts: currently wielding, currently holding

Started by MeTekillot, December 16, 2022, 12:13:26 AM

Would display what items you are currently wielding and holding.

I think this is a good idea, though I probably wouldn't use it otherwise my prompt would be out to about as long as this sentence.

Alternatively, would be nice if there was a command to JUST see your hands, instead of eq and sorting through the list.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on December 16, 2022, 12:26:55 AM
I think this is a good idea, though I probably wouldn't use it otherwise my prompt would be out to about as long as this sentence.

Alternatively, would be nice if there was a command to JUST see your hands, instead of eq and sorting through the list.

My prompt is usually at least three lines long. Just format it nicely with '\n'.
21sters Unite!

Quote from: Pariah on December 16, 2022, 12:26:55 AM

I have found myself wanting this a lot lately.
More than half the time I use eq, it is just to check my hands.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I would probably use this.

There is the armed/unarmed in the prompt but that doesn't show as many details as are checking.

until now

l self; l self; eq
Veteran Newbie

This would be super useful and would Save Lives. Like, literally probably would have saved more than one of my PCs. Sometimes equipment management is hard. :D

I use the Mudlet extension which of course has, and hides, a massive prompt. But I want to see vital stats for logging purposes too, so I do, like:

> setprompt  <-- Mudlet extension sets the prompt to its liking.
> prompt  <-- to see what it's set to --> copy to clipboard
> prompt <massive blob of Mudlet prompt>\n[%h/%Hhp %t/%Tst %m/%Mma %v/%Vmv]  <-- add all the basics on a new line after the stuff used by the extension
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.