Thryzn - A New Playable Race

Started by Halaster, November 01, 2022, 03:01:44 PM

November 01, 2022, 03:01:44 PM Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 03:08:23 PM by Halaster
Announcing a new playable race!

Thryzn

(Artwork by Bast)

While most scholars believe the thryzn are descended or in some capacity related to humans, there is speculation as to their true origins.  The thryzn are a race of mutated humanoids, with a range of odd features - some monstrous and extravagent, others mild and barely noticeable.  They typically stand taller than a human, but shorter than an elf, and are generally of a similar thickness as that of humans.  To outsiders the type of mutations seen on thryzn appears random and bizarre, but among the thryzn these can often be a source of pride or attraction.  While there might be some commonality among the mutations in a single tribe, very few outsiders can distinguish them - or even care to.

Thryzn are most similar to tribal elves, in that they live in communities that form strong bonds, intentionally live outside of civilzation centers, and have adapted to living in the wastes to some degree.

See:
https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Thryzn
https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Thryzn%20Roleplay     (work in progress)

This clan has been created by a collaboration between players and staff, with players doing the vast majority of the work.  In December of last year we started this project by taking on 5 players who worked together to write up the documentation.  They were given a very basic set of guidelines which included being told the race, their history, and some very basic parameters.  Over the course of the following couple of months, they developed the clan's culture, rituals, stories, lexicon and more.  Then they began play and were then thrust into some storylines that ultimately decided their fate, and their actions in-character helped bring this to a conclusion and now introduce the race to the world.

I am extraordinarily proud of these players and the awesome clan they came up with.  They are:  Bast, Fragmented, Lotion, Dar, and Jarv.  And thank you to staff who helped build things associated with the clan:  Shalooonsh, Hestia, Katima, Ath.  There are also a handful of players who have created characters in the early stages of development, who I want to also thank for your help in 'playtesting'.  If you are currently playing a thryzn, or have, then I'm talking to you.  But a really huge, special thanks to Bast for all the artwork and tireless effort put in!

This clan is open for play by applying through the request tool.  For the time being it is restricted to players with 2 karma.  This is mostly to prevent a flood of people playing them, and we will very likely change it to 1 karma later on.  Like other tribal clans, they will fall under the Independent Team.  Note that there are no lone thryzn, they must be a part of the coded tribe.

Mood music:  https://youtu.be/SVbc_Fwbt50   (the video also has some cool vague similarities)
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Minor update to this:

If you app in as a thryzn, and prove that you have solid knowledge of the race and how to portray them, the option will be permanently added to your account.  This is to allow you to generate back in in the event of death, until we decide that the knowledge is widely enough known to allow them to be a karma 1 option.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill